Sponsored by:

TPC Supercharger for 993

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 11:58 PM
Joseph65
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPC Supercharger for 993

I am looking to buy a TPC supercharger. Where can I get one that is used?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:10 AM
Tomlamb
4th Gear

Have you checked e-bay?
Old 11-09-2007, 11:58 AM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Used TPC s/c's come up oh, maybe once a year on ebay. So it's possible, but you might be waiting quite a while.

Not sure I'd want to buy used anyway considering all the changes TPC has made in the last year or two. e.g. better uni-q engine mgmt and 8th injector and IC.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:25 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Joseph, you should introduce yourself and describe your background a little.

Your posts here suggest that maybe you have some experience with "the real world" of car tuning. That's as opposed to the Porsche and 993 in particular world, which can be pretty backward and primitive in comparison.

There are no $1000 plug-em in and laptop tune ECUs for 993s. There are no well-engineered Turbo or Supercharger kits like the ones you can buy for other cars. Once you get beyond the very simple, everything is a racing part, custom fabricated in low numbers, or from Porsche.

It's frustrating when you can buy a simple, well-designed, well made, tested, warranteed and inexpensive speed part for a Honda, but nothing comparable exists for a vaunted Porsche. But that's the world we live in. Have some carbon fiber trim instead.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you are asking for trouble if you are buying used. You may save yourself a few dollars on the SC but if you don't have all the custom parts that go with it, you could be losing money when you blow your engine. I had a SC on my 993. It was great fun but was installed by TPC themselves.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Joseph65
8th Gear

Default Thanks for responding to my TPC S.C. question!

The advice that I just recieved from all who posted was right on the money and undoubtedly saved me money. I forgot the times in the past when I would try to save a penny by taking a short cut that it would cost me a dollar later. I will go with new to insure proper fit, as well as to take advantage of all the latest advances. Thank you for taking the time to write me!

My name is Joseph from Southern California. I am very much into tuning my 993 for street use. I have taken a '97 cab and lowered it with PSS9's, put the Big Red brakes all around and put steel turbo fender flares on it. It has headers, fabspeed performance mufflers but it is still slow.

I am the type of person who loves the engineering aspect for an approach to an upgrade. I do not like to just bolt something on. I look for all Porsche or german parts. My father and I both made a Porsche 550 Spyder. The only one in the world with I.R.S. It is beautiful. It is stock down to every hinge and badge, accept for the motor, which is 185 H.P. The stock motor was only 115 hp.

I have some knowledge about 993 in that my friend is a 993 mechanic and I try to do all of the work with him or myself. I have done a lot of research on parts for the car for interior, body and suspension. However need help with sway bars.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Might I suggest the RS swaybars.
If you take the SC path, make sure the engine seals are up to it and that it is installed correctly and you will love it. Air to fuel ratios are critical. TPC's system uses 2 extra fuel injectors in the intake manifold, but some here feel that larger injectors in the engine is a better way to go for proper A/F ratios. Do a search as there was an extensive thread on this last week or so.

Quick Reply: TPC Supercharger for 993