Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RIP to a 993 family member 1QUICK993 (6speed)

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 06:10 PM
kimo964
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Prayers and condolences to the family and friends.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYT993
Rick, I gotta ask, because I used to want a bike UNTIL I watched a guy get obliterated right in front of me....and what really struck me was it WASN'T his fault. Is the enjoyment from riding the bike worth the risk? I know one could say the same risks are present for those who"track" 911's but, in reality, being in a car is still inherently safer than being fully exposed. Tragic stories like this bother me because, to me, to some degree, these things don't have to happen. It's not like losing your life because the bridge you are on collapses...just my thoughts and rants.
Tracking a 911 is way, way safer than riding a bike. Nice thing about a bike, though, is that you can escape a lot of situations where you'd be hit in a car. I was rear ended in my 330i in August. I saw it coming and was boxed in, couldn't do anything about it. On a bike I am very nimble and can get out of the way in a hurry. Yes, it's dangerous. But you could spend your whole life wanting a bike and not having one and then get Lou Gherig's Disease. Gotta live, man. I wear all the gear, all the time and don't showboat.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Dan V
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been hit twice by cars while riding. 1st time a car ran a red light and knocked me off my HD Sportster. 2nd time: I stopped at a stop sign and got rear-ended while I was double-checking to make sure it was safe. I got off the bike without injury but it was a total loss. I collected the insurance pay-off and never rode another bike again. Like a cat, I only have 9 lives and I've already used up most of them.

Rick, I gotta ask, because I used to want a bike UNTIL I watched a guy get obliterated right in front of me....and what really struck me was it WASN'T his fault. Is the enjoyment from riding the bike worth the risk? I know one could say the same risks are present for those who"track" 911's but, in reality, being in a car is still inherently safer than being fully exposed. Tragic stories like this bother me because, to me, to some degree, these things don't have to happen. It's not like losing your life because the bridge you are on collapses...just my thoughts and rants.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:34 PM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick Lee
......But you could spend your whole life wanting a bike and not having one and then get Lou Gherig's Disease.....
Understand....which is exactly why I got my 911. Be safe.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:36 PM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan V
I've been hit twice by cars while riding. 1st time a car ran a red light and knocked me off my HD Sportster. 2nd time: I stopped at a stop sign and got rear-ended while I was double-checking to make sure it was safe. I got off the bike without injury but it was a total loss. I collected the insurance pay-off and never rode another bike again. Like a cat, I only have 9 lives and I've already used up most of them.
Dan, I'm sure this happens far too frequently. Just too many idiots all around us.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Condolences to the family. This is why I got rid of my bike. At least in a car you are wearing a steel suit. Of course when your time comes, doesn't matter what you are doing. RIP.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:25 PM
JM993
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I used to ride on the street - too dangerous. It's easy enough to get hit in a car. Fortunately, riding offroad is, in my mind, much more fun than riding on the street. Even my fun than driving my 993.......
Old 11-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Black930
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so sorry to hear this our prayers are for him and his family.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:35 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Jenn's and my sincerest condolences to his family, friends and those he touched in his life... They are in our prayers & thoughts. When I look at "1979 - 2007" - it brings a whole new dimension of sadness and grief, being a parent and members of my family being that young.

Just from - Jenn & me....

John
Old 11-05-2007, 08:24 PM
fixedgame
Instructor

R.I.P

Riding a motorcycle in an incredible rush givien that one must take the proper training, wear full leather, riding boots, gloves, and a good helmets.
It's much safer and more fun riding on the track then caving the back roads.
I used to ride everyday but gave it up. Too may close calls on the street and I now have a couple of little ones to care for.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:49 PM
David_J
Advanced

Default You may want to hold those condolences

If you check the off topic section on 6speed, you will see that it appears to be BS. The story the original poster posted conflicts in many ways. I personally can't confirm or deny it, but just am passing along some new info on the situation.

-David
Old 11-05-2007, 09:15 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Please keep us posted.. If the loss is true - than what I said above, and Jenn and I stand behind my earlier post in this thread....

However - if this turns up BS - I will ban any links to 6speed appearing on Rennlist.

Thanks David

John
Old 11-05-2007, 09:31 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by David_J
If you check the off topic section on 6speed, you will see that it appears to be BS. The story the original poster posted conflicts in many ways. I personally can't confirm or deny it, but just am passing along some new info on the situation.

-David
When you click on the link in the 1st post, it takes you to the thread where "James" posted a thread under "1QUIK993" telling about "John" who's screen name is "1QUIK993".

Why is "James" posting under "1QUIK993"?

And why did "James" post pics of "John's accident"?

If the tragedy is true, then my prayers go out to the family.

If not, death is no joking matter.

Last edited by IamSMC; 11-05-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:34 PM
jago
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by canysmc
When you click on the link in the 1st post, it takes you to the thread where "James" posted a thread under "1QUIK993" telling about "John" who's screen name is "1QUIK993".

Why is "James" posting under "1QUIK993"?

i agree something's fishy there. and if you check "1quik993" posts at that forum they all seem to be "FS" threads.

and to add, if it is a true story, then mea culpa.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:35 PM
lucycan
Rennlist Member

Received 480 Likes on 228 Posts

Within that 6speedonline link he later is SELLING A GOLF CLUB!!!!

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...83#post1441083

"John loved golf and this was my present to him this coming weekend when we were supposed to go play golf but unfortunately he is no longer with us so I figured I'd sell and donate for his cause."

7 hours in between posts. I guess he got over the loss pretty quick?????

THATS SICK

Quick Reply: RIP to a 993 family member 1QUICK993 (6speed)