Sponsored by:

Wipers rest too high

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 04:16 PM
JasonF
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wipers rest too high

My C4 wipers seem to rest a little too high on the windshield.

I've read the archive posts about switching your wiper position to the passenger side, but is there a way to adjust your wipers so that they rest lower on the driver's side? The top blade needs to be lowered by a good inch or so.

I like the intermittent feature, so pulling the relay and manually stopping the blades on the passenger side is not all that appealing.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Marlon
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonF
My C4 wipers seem to rest a little too high on the windshield.

I've read the archive posts about switching your wiper position to the passenger side, but is there a way to adjust your wipers so that they rest lower on the driver's side? The top blade needs to be lowered by a good inch or so.

I like the intermittent feature, so pulling the relay and manually stopping the blades on the passenger side is not all that appealing.

Thanks in advance.
Should be easy - remove the plastic cap, unbolt the nut, pull off the wiper arm, reorient the wiper arm to the desired postion and reverse the rest of the steps. How did it come out of adustment to begin with???
Old 10-05-2007, 04:34 PM
JasonF
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marlon
How did it come out of adustment to begin with???
Thanks for the reply. The C4 is "new to me" - I just picked it up last week and noticed that the position seemed much higher than my previous C4.

Cheers, Jason
Old 10-05-2007, 05:05 PM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Marlon
Should be easy - remove the plastic cap, unbolt the nut, pull off the wiper arm, reorient the wiper arm to the desired postion and reverse the rest of the steps. How did it come out of adustment to begin with???
What HE said (coz I've done this many times).

Just be careful, when you are using an open ended spanner (there's one in your toolkit that fits this 'nut' perfectly) that the 'other end' of the spanner doesn't rub/scrape against the paintwork as you 'swing it around'.

Also, make sure - when you re-seat both wipers into the lower position - that when you put the bolt back on - that the plastic cover is seated properly. You can test this by lifting up each wiper, in turn, to see if the lower-arm/hinge 'clears' the lip of each cover. Don't be too surprised if one 'boings away' -- if it does - just re-seat it and test again. If they "don't boing away" they're seated properly.

Gerry
Old 10-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Marlon
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by g_murray
What HE said (coz I've done this many times).

Just be careful, when you are using an open ended spanner (there's one in your toolkit that fits this 'nut' perfectly) that the 'other end' of the spanner doesn't rub/scrape against the paintwork as you 'swing it around'.

Also, make sure - when you re-seat both wipers into the lower position - that when you put the bolt back on - that the plastic cover is seated properly. You can test this by lifting up each wiper, in turn, to see if the lower-arm/hinge 'clears' the lip of each cover. Don't be too surprised if one 'boings away' -- if it does - just re-seat it and test again. If they "don't boing away" they're seated properly.

Gerry
Ok - It's actually 'better' to use a socket.

Quick Reply: Wipers rest too high