Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

WB cab pics and speedline wheel Q..

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 06:58 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WB cab pics and speedline wheel Q..

Hey guys!

Just came across this ad on a German site. No affiliation etc etc.

http://www.autoscout24.de/Details.aspx?id=lbugyhyziw4l

I also attached the pictures. Thought it would be fun to see. I bet this is someones amateur garage project.. Its definately not factory, judging from the price. Its also an automatic which makes it less desirable etc etc. I'm not considering or anything, just thought it looked kinda cool.. I'm not sure I like the color though..

Anyways, I've been looking for a set of speedline replicas for a long time now. There are many aftermarket options: RH 3.6's, Speedline Aliseo, Techart speedlines, Gamballa one piece speedlines (sans lip), kinesis supercup's etc.
However, neither of the wheels listed is a direct copy of the GT2 wheel (Supercups are close, but the lip on the rear wheel is not deep enough and the centers are too small). Now, what I am looking for are these exact wheels shown on this WB cab. Judging from the price I assume they are not GT2 Mags. Thus my question being:

Are there aftermarket wheels that look EXACTLY like the GT2 wheels? I have seen these before (as on this cab). I tried to email the seller without success. Does anyone know the manufacturer/brand and the name/type of this exact wheel? I would die for a set . I think the european RLers might know more since I suspect that they are aftermarket wheels manufactured somewhere in Europe. TIA guys

To call this cab Jeff's twin would be an insult as Jeff's cab looks way better than thisone. However, there are people trying out there

Last edited by V; 04-05-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:30 AM
DBYT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So that is what my car would look like with a fat ****!
Old 10-02-2007, 10:42 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

www.tramont.fr
They make custom replicas of the GT2 wheel and the RS wheel.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 141 Posts

That thing is sweet!
Old 10-02-2007, 12:58 PM
allill
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Viggo,

Thanks for the kind words. I actually like the car and don't know why it would be amateur except for the decklid not lining up right. Then again, if that doesn't line up who knows what else doesn't. All it needs is some adjusting.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:34 PM
V
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJF1
www.tramont.fr
They make custom replicas of the GT2 wheel and the RS wheel.
Danny - THANK YOU. That's the company I have been looking for for years.. How did you hear about them? For my next 993, I will order an exact copy of the 993 GT2 wheel (but with the proper offsets) with the gunmetal centres. Best looking wheel for the 993 IMHO if you like the deep dish.

Originally Posted by allill
Hey Viggo,

Thanks for the kind words. I actually like the car and don't know why it would be amateur except for the decklid not lining up right. Then again, if that doesn't line up who knows what else doesn't. All it needs is some adjusting.
Jeff, I like the looks of the car too, I'm just sceptical when it comes to not factory body work and welding etc. But ppl like yourself have proved it to work perfectly. I think you just need to be extra careful when you are looking to buy a car like this. It does look really cool. I don't particularly dislike the color either, it's just not my favourite. Im quite picky when it comes to things that are not aligned, I couldn't live with that decklid I think.. Possible of the car was Midnight blue, otherwise no...

Quick Reply: WB cab pics and speedline wheel Q..