Sponsored by:

Turbo Tips group buy $109

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 06:55 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by gr8nine93
I have been trying to get hold of him so stand by. A point of clarification. I know what the wide ovals are and what the turbos look like but what is C4S, Trinitony? Just another way to say WIDE OVAL?
C2S/4S use an offset to allow the tip to line up to the muffler. The NB and TT go straight back so that they're interchangeable. However one is longer than the other. The numbers stamped are also different. S tips I think are P07110..something like that..someone else will chime in.

The three tips are described here..https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ght=WIDE+OVALS
Old 09-21-2007, 07:00 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
C2S/4S use an offset to allow the tip to line up to the muffler. The NB and TT go straight back so that they're interchangeable. However one is longer than the other. The numbers stamped are also different. S tips I think are P07110..something like that..someone else will chime in.
Here is an S tip and it will NOT fit a TT.
Attached Images  
Old 09-21-2007, 07:06 PM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default "S" & "4S" tips verses NB and TT

Previous posts are correct. The "S" family of tips for the 993 are a completely different animal than the NB & TT. I believe NB & TT are interchangeable.

I don't remember if it was Corvette Dude or somebody else, but when a bunch of "S" guys want chrome tips and he or they discovered the offset it didn't happen. Chrome tips, big ovals, whatever for "S" 993's are almost impossible to find. Ask me how I know. I stole the picture below from another lister.
Attached Images  
Old 09-21-2007, 07:08 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mark Harris
Previous posts are correct. The "S" family of tips for the 993 are a completely different animal than the NB & TT. I believe NB & TT are interchangeable.

I don't remember if it was Corvette Dude or somebody else, but when a bunch of "S" guys want chrome tips and he or they discovered the offset it didn't happen. Chrome tips, big ovals, whatever for "S" 993's are almost impossible to find. Ask me how I know. I stole the picture below from another lister.
Hey..I remember that pic..that's my old tips and David 23 tips (now mine) getting accquainted.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:10 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Here is what someone did; the took there old offset and attached it to a new NB tip. Worked like a charm...
Old 09-21-2007, 07:33 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Just for clarification, the wide oval tip in that photo HAS an adaptor on the end.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:06 PM
Garth S
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
Here is what someone did; the took there old offset and attached it to a new NB tip. Worked like a charm...
This someone did it a little differently, but arrived at the same result
In the pic below, that is an EP 5110 NB wide oval fitted to a C4S: the muffler exit pipe was cut off and rotated 180 deg .... that gave the required 35mm offset that the EP 7110 WB tip otherwise provides. The altered offset of the exit pipe can be compared to that of a stock muffler at the top of the pic.

I had earlier suggested that you WB types could do the same, especially if one was already in the cut & paste mode for a LPMM bypass .... that way, one could use the $50 ebay wide ovals vs. the $600+ Porsche 7110's .... Full details of the hack job are here.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:40 PM
midcont
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

does anybody know if these tips can replace the tips on the fabspeed exhaust, turbo fitment?
Old 09-23-2007, 12:12 AM
gr8nine93
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did get hold of him on Friday and he is at a show all weekend and I will contact him on Monday. I will negotiate a price but then after that I would prefer if you contacted him individually cause of all the fitment issues. Thnaks for your interest.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:33 AM
Trevor-uk
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

With reference to wide ovals to fit non-turbo wide body cars (C4S/C2S), I had a response from him after an email enquiry the other day. He says that if he can get hold of a tip to copy he'll do sets at $109. From this thread alone there are at least 8 of us happy with that deal.

Next bit then is for someone a little more local than me (!) to deliver a set of 'S' tips as a build pattern (for the overall dims/offset, I guess) to our guy (Josh Greenawalt). Anyone got an old set lying around they wouldn't mind loaning out?

Trevor
Old 09-24-2007, 10:22 AM
verboten
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in for tips! I'd like to recommend rolled edges.

Please someone send in a test mule.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:04 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by midcont
does anybody know if these tips can replace the tips on the fabspeed exhaust, turbo fitment?
Same question here!
Old 09-25-2007, 12:10 AM
djordan
Advanced

I am in for a set of tips for my C2S.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:50 AM
corvettec5dude
3rd Gear

Hello -
Josh here. We currently make the regular tips. We just don't have the Widebody tips. Does anyone have a set of Widebody tips laying around? We can copy them and send you a brand new set, when finished, for free. Might take us 6-8 weeks to get these finished as we have a few other projects ahead of these. Please let me know.
Thanks
Josh
Joshmaan@alliancelink.com (2 a's in maan.)
Old 09-25-2007, 11:57 AM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Josh,

I have a set of WB tips you can use. I sent you an E-mail. Your offer for a free set is too good to pass up. I do need the samples back, but in no hurry.

Quick Reply: Turbo Tips group buy $109