993 Forum 1995-1998

Porsche Factory Seat Slider source

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 03:25 PM
jaholmes
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Porsche Factory Seat Slider source

I am on a quest to get a Recaro SPG XL seat into my 993.

I have a set of Recaro sliders and I was able to get a set of custom sides for the seat from Brey Krause. The issues is they insisted the sides will only work on Porsche manual sliders. They also implied that the aftermarket sliders are not as good as the Porsche ones.

So after searching RL hight and low there are no posts about Porsche manual sliders or where to even get some. I was hoping to avoid LA Dismantlers; is there another source. 996 sliders may be a better option.

I know that the Porsche sliders may sit a little higher, but the BK sides that were made are supposed to be as low as possible for everything to fit.

By chance what did the 993 RS use, was it a 964 part.

Thanks,
Old 09-17-2007, 03:36 PM
Marlon
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jaholmes
I am on a quest to get a Recaro SPG XL seat into my 993.

I have a set of Recaro sliders and I was able to get a set of custom sides for the seat from Brey Krause. The issues is they insisted the sides will only work on Porsche manual sliders. They also implied that the aftermarket sliders are not as good as the Porsche ones.

So after searching RL hight and low there are no posts about Porsche manual sliders or where to even get some. I was hoping to avoid LA Dismantlers; is there another source. 996 sliders may be a better option.

I know that the Porsche sliders may sit a little higher, but the BK sides that were made are supposed to be as low as possible for everything to fit.

By chance what did the 993 RS use, was it a 964 part.

Thanks,
I will sell you a manual 993 seat slider. PM me if interested...
Old 09-17-2007, 03:42 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

the aftermarket sliders are not as good as the Porsche ones
In my experience, Porsche manual seat sliders only engage on one side. Recaro and other aftermarket ones engage on both sides.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:47 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Jim,

I've got a pair, as well. I think the set I have came with the GT3 seats and are Recaro sliders. I may sell them if the people who have expressed an interest in my GT3 seats don't want them.

FYI, the B-K side mounts will work with Sparco sliders. Trust me. I just went through this ordeal off and on for the past four weeks. The only problem with the Sparco sliders is that you may have to cut the Sparco seat release handle in half and then sleeve it with a solid steel rod if you're trying to match the seat up with the 410mm floor pan mounts. I used JB Weld for the first time in my life to mate these three pieces and it worked wonderfully. No need to hunt down someone who can weld.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:03 PM
jaholmes
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Jim,

I've got a pair, as well. I think the set I have came with the GT3 seats and are Recaro sliders. I may sell them if the people who have expressed an interest in my GT3 seats don't want them.

FYI, the B-K side mounts will work with Sparco sliders. Trust me. I just went through this ordeal off and on for the past four weeks. The only problem with the Sparco sliders is that you may have to cut the Sparco seat release handle in half and then sleeve it with a solid steel rod if you're trying to match the seat up with the 410mm floor pan mounts. I used JB Weld for the first time in my life to mate these three pieces and it worked wonderfully. No need to hunt down someone who can weld.
I already have a set of Recaro sliders. I am not in the mood to fiddle with other sliders now. Also, the BK sides are very custom. I think these were made for the BK boss to put a set of SPG XL seats in his 993. I just checked and none of the holes like up with my Recaro Sliders. So If I want these to work I need 993 Factory sliders.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:35 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Consider yourself very lucky if you don't have to re-drill anything or cut away any metal in fitting these seats into a 993. My GT3 seats (came out of a 986) fit into my 993 with no issues, other than being toohigh. My Recaro Pole Position and Pro Racer HANS seat have been anything but easy.

Quick Reply: Porsche Factory Seat Slider source