Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unloading Carrera S

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007 | 03:53 PM
red89
Racer

Originally Posted by autosea
Hold on here. The other username was before I joined Rennlist. Like I said before if you read the starting thread I am the one that is being straight foward with the repair and looking for offers to sell the car . Thats it. I didnt ask for any opinions of the value. By the way ,anyone that thinks the car is only worth 30K is beyond clueless
I thought this wan't "about the money".
Old 09-15-2007 | 03:54 PM
RS 197
Pro

You guy's blow me away. There are so many good thing about RL and some that drive me nuts. This is one of them.

I know Colin and I have seen the car. It is a gem. The accident history is what it is. Bumper shell, Airbag deployment. He is disclosing up front. It did nothing major to the car. If anyone wants to PM me I will let you know what I think about the car. I have seen it and I have talked to the seller. It is a great car....

Most of you guy's would be way better off keeping your comments to yourself. I bet that there are a ton of RL that have minor repairs to there 12 year old cars. As long as the repairs can be explained and the car is as described let a potential buyer ask questions and make determinations. I doubt that any of you guys flaming Colin are in the market for a wonderful C2S. If you were then you could comment, make an offer and move on. If not keep you mouth shut.

DJF1??? Why the hostility. You do not know the seller, you have not seen the car, he is being up front and you are hammering him. I would love to get a chance to pick your cars apart. It looks like you have aftermarket wings and stuff on both your cars. Who is to say they were not in an accident. Techart does not come with original paint?? I bet your wing is not even a Turnwald. Let me know when you are ready to sell one of your beauty's I will give it a good comparison to this C2S. I bet both your cars are turds compared to Colins.....

You guy's do not realize what your ****ty off base comments do to a potential seller. It really sucks.

Good luck with the sale. I wish I was in the position to pull the trigger.
Old 09-15-2007 | 04:05 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by RS 197
You guy's blow me away. There are so many good thing about RL and some that drive me nuts. This is one of them.

I know Colin and I have seen the car. It is a gem. The accident history is what it is. Bumper shell, Airbag deployment. He is disclosing up front. It did nothing major to the car. If anyone wants to PM me I will let you know what I think about the car. I have seen it and I have talked to the seller. It is a great car....

Most of you guy's would be way better off keeping your comments to yourself. I bet that there are a ton of RL that have minor repairs to there 12 year old cars. As long as the repairs can be explained and the car is as described let a potential buyer ask questions and make determinations. I doubt that any of you guys flaming Colin are in the market for a wonderful C2S. If you were then you could comment, make an offer and move on. If not keep you mouth shut.

DJF1??? Why the hostility. You do not know the seller, you have not seen the car, he is being up front and you are hammering him. I would love to get a chance to pick your cars apart. It looks like you have aftermarket wings and stuff on both your cars. Who is to say they were not in an accident. Techart does not come with original paint?? I bet your wing is not even a Turnwald. Let me know when you are ready to sell one of your beauty's I will give it a good comparison to this C2S. I bet both your cars are turds compared to Colins.....

You guy's do not realize what your ****ty off base comments do to a potential seller. It really sucks.

Good luck with the sale. I wish I was in the position to pull the trigger.
Joe, Danny's comments were more than likely triggered by this person calling us clueless with respect to P-car values.

Doesnt is seem a little suspicious that a screen name change and vague details about a car for sale show's-up here again after some time has passed?

Just about all of the Rennlist folks are here to help in many many ways.

If I was in the market for a top-dollar C2S, I would certainly like to know more details than what was posted in the first post in this thread.

Like I said earlier, I truly hope this car brings top dollar, I just dont feel it will. If we werent helping, all of the comments would be nothing more than 'thats an awesome price, wish I could buy it' type of encouragement.
Old 09-15-2007 | 04:21 PM
ledd4u
Banned

Colin, would you post some pictures or where can I see them?
Old 09-15-2007 | 04:47 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Don't just buy the car, buy the seller.

Joe, while your defense of Colin is very nice and maybe even accurate, the tone of Joe's post put me off from the second I read it.

Maybe his car is beautiful and pristine. Well then, he should do what everyone else does on this board. Post a picture, list the options and a link to the add, and wait and see if anyone is interested. then he can explain the "backstory" when people ask. And he should also make an adjustment on price, based on story. Or say, I am firm in my price. But don't tell us not to low ball and then ask top dollar.

But when someone comes on RL, a newish member with low post count number And starts telling us, that we are stupid for not realizing how special his car is, despite his accident, and that we should make him an offer, but don't LOW BALL HIM.. And then expects us to go hunt through the classifieds, with no idea what color the car is, what options it has, how many owners it has had. If it has any of the standard upgrades, LWF, RS clutch, Suspension, etc.

Well, what we read is: Here is my problem car. No one wants it because I'm asking too much, but all you RL guys should realize, that I deserve top dollar, so go find my car and offer me something, above what anybody else has offered thus far.

PLUS, if you don't want our opinions on what we think is fair for your car, then don't post here. By saying that your price is flexible but "don't low ball you" you are inadvertently asking us for our opinion on the value of your car, because "LOW BALL" is a subjective term.

Again, based on your lack of picture, lack of options list, lack of links to a classified add. All I know is you have a beat up 993 with deployed airbag and a seller who is not forthright..

PASS... Buy the seller, not just the car.

B
Old 09-15-2007 | 05:33 PM
RutgersU
Racer

It's simple, if it's a "celebrity owned" (ie long time rennlist owner) car the posts would be in support of very low diminished value. You're not a long time member so you car obviously has very little value.

FYI even the "celebrity owned" cars dont sell on rennlist unless they're dirt cheap. Search for sale posts, they start off strong and end with the seller practically begging for a buyer. Ebay would give your car very good exposure.
Old 09-15-2007 | 05:37 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

As said before pix of the damage would help. Post some pix here and go from there. Good luck with the sale.
Old 09-15-2007 | 05:48 PM
trickydisco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by B-Line

Joe, while your defense of Colin is very nice and maybe even accurate, the tone of Joe's post put me off from the second I read it.

Maybe his car is beautiful and pristine. Well then, he should do what everyone else does on this board. Post a picture, list the options and a link to the add, and wait and see if anyone is interested. then he can explain the "backstory" when people ask. And he should also make an adjustment on price, based on story. Or say, I am firm in my price. But don't tell us not to low ball and then ask top dollar.

But when someone comes on RL, a newish member with low post count number And starts telling us, that we are stupid for not realizing how special his car is, despite his accident, and that we should make him an offer, but don't LOW BALL HIM.. And then expects us to go hunt through the classifieds, with no idea what color the car is, what options it has, how many owners it has had. If it has any of the standard upgrades, LWF, RS clutch, Suspension, etc.

Well, what we read is: Here is my problem car. No one wants it because I'm asking too much, but all you RL guys should realize, that I deserve top dollar, so go find my car and offer me something, above what anybody else has offered thus far.

PLUS, if you don't want our opinions on what we think is fair for your car, then don't post here. By saying that your price is flexible but "don't low ball you" you are inadvertently asking us for our opinion on the value of your car, because "LOW BALL" is a subjective term.

Again, based on your lack of picture, lack of options list, lack of links to a classified add. All I know is you have a beat up 993 with deployed airbag and a seller who is not forthright..

B
+1
Old 09-15-2007 | 06:13 PM
Berkley
Burning Brakes

Default Like the thread title

You started trying to sell or "pimp" this car in March, 2006 with 18,000 miles for $50,000.....in a number of threads under the two different names you have used, you cite higher prices and more miles and buyers who walked on you......the carfax stated severe damage with deployed airbags in 2002 in Mil. Wisconsin if I remember correctly......involving a parked automobile

You want to unload the car? I suggested in August 2006 a range of $40,000 to $44,000 if you are lucky...for a " previously damaged " '97 C2S, with four prior owners and 27,500 miles....Also had a trip or two to Ebay if I remember correctly...Your ad on Rennlist does not mention "wreck"....

A lot of folks gave you helpful input over 18 months and you don't want to accept it....attacking Danny is uncalled for.....If you don't like my post put me on the "ignore List"

Last edited by Berkley; 09-15-2007 at 11:19 PM.
Old 09-15-2007 | 06:39 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Where is Ray Calvo when you need him? Does anyone else have the feeling that a discussion of Dior is not far behind?
Old 09-15-2007 | 07:25 PM
NP993
Rennlist Member

IMHO, when you post an ad to sell your car, the best way to go about it is to provide to any potential buyers all the information about the car that they'll want to know. That includes a description of the car and its options; service history and modifications; pictures; and if the car has been in an accident, then some details on what happened and how it was repaired.

You couldn't be bothered to provide any of this information. That fact isn't going to instill in potential buyers a great deal of confidence in you. My $0.02.
Old 09-15-2007 | 07:56 PM
ppashley
Burning Brakes

B-Line.... everything you just said.... +1
Old 09-15-2007 | 11:06 PM
chris322
Addict
Rennlist Member

No matter what anyone on Rennlist has to say, the market has spoken. If the car was priced right, it would have sold by now. Also, if you don't want opinions on what a car is worth, don't post. If you are looking for an offer, use the various mediums to advertise. Any exotic car that has been in accident is usually harder to sell, especially if the airbags have been deployed. It seems pretty simple to me.
Old 09-15-2007 | 11:32 PM
bill d cat
Feral Cat
Rennlist Member

It's been quite a few years since I took Marketing 101, but "Unloading" might be an unfortunate way to title a thread if you want to get top dollar for a rare or semi-exotic car.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=unloading

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=unload
Old 09-15-2007 | 11:38 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by B-Line

B
+100

Quick Reply: Unloading Carrera S