993 Forum 1995-1998

valuation?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 10:55 PM
Lynx
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default valuation?

I'm on the search for my first Porsche, a 993. Should I buy one soon with only a couple months driving left before it goes in storage, buy one in the dead of winter, or wait until early spring? Your thoughts on advantages/disadvantages and price of the 993's during these periods are appreciated.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:34 PM
Kigiin
Rennlist Member

Received 685 Likes on 380 Posts

Dead of winter - but hell you live in Vancouver, why can't you drive it all year around?

OT - are you an hunter?
Old 09-13-2007, 11:37 PM
black ice
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think you should make that a factor. Be prepared to wait six months or more to buy the right car. If the value equation is important to you (i.e., cost = quality/price), just know that it may fluctuate depending on the season and whether a particular seller is stuck mid-winter trying to move a RWD sportscar up north. Sure, maybe you'll find a good deal - but there are distressed sellers in the Summer too.
What I'm saying is just commit to the shopping/searching routine whenever you're ready to purchase and be OBJECTIVE. Took me five months to find a car and I think I could've found a better deal if I was patient enough to wait another month or two. What did work for me was an almost daily routine that took me about 5-10 minutes to find potential cars via internet, so not a lot of time invested.

Dave
Old 09-13-2007, 11:43 PM
Kigiin
Rennlist Member

Received 685 Likes on 380 Posts

I take back my comment - get the right car regardless of season. But, dead of winter prices do seem to be depressed a bit.

Quick Reply: valuation?