Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone seen this Turbo at Specialty Sales in Pleasanton?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Smiles
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Has anyone seen this Turbo at Specialty Sales in Pleasanton?

Has anyone seen this 993 TT at Specialty Sales in Pleasanton?

http://ww2.collectorcartraderonline....?adId=89781392

I'm not sure if I prefer the Sport seats or not, but I like metallic black.

If anyone is nearby in CA (I'm across the country in PA), could you stop by just to take a quick look? Thank you very much!

Matt
Old 09-10-2007, 02:01 PM
obchuck
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work in Pleasanton. Would you like me to take a look? I will, if you're serious.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:00 PM
pezza
Racer

I have a metallic black TT, the colour really changes in different lights, in bright sunshine, it almost has a bronze tint to it, but when it's cloudy it looks really deep black, fantastic colour.

I was lucky enough to have heated sports seats in mine also, they seem to be sort after and fetch a good price 2nd hand, so you wouldn't have a problem selling them on or doing a swap for the regular seats.

Gentlemen form an orderly line if he buys it!
Old 09-10-2007, 05:23 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that sure seems like a reasonable price with those miles!
Better move quick if you are serious. It has been posted here... many have seen it.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:29 PM
mod4b
Advanced

Be weary of this dealer, full PPI
Old 09-10-2007, 09:03 PM
Smiles
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mod4b
Be weary of this dealer, full PPI
It's funny you should bring that up...

I was going to ask about this dealer, but I did a search, and got a little discouraged. However, I'm going to purchase a car (whichever car that is, and wherever I find it), and not the dealer, and a full PPI should help that happen.

So with that in mind, I would really appreciate it, obchuck, if you could take a quick look. Just to make sure that it's in their inventory, not on consignment or woth some other story, and so that the pain looks reasonably good, and so on. Almost as to pre-screen it before I would pay for a PPI.

I'm not sure I let a cat out of the bag, MarkD. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer and I found it, although it's been posted for a while. There may be more to the story, which is why, again, I would really appreciate if obchuck took a look at her. (Please PM with your observations.)

Thank you everyone,

Matt
Old 09-10-2007, 10:48 PM
rampfar
Instructor

Matt...I was up there a week ago to look at the Midnight Blue TT but the owner only brings it by when a potential buyer shows up...consigned...the Black TT was there and outwardly looked great...but a PPI is a must...as you know...Good luck
Old 09-11-2007, 12:19 AM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Smiles
It's funny you should bring that up...

I was going to ask about this dealer, but I did a search, and got a little discouraged. However, I'm going to purchase a car (whichever car that is, and wherever I find it), and not the dealer, and a full PPI should help that happen.

So with that in mind, I would really appreciate it, obchuck, if you could take a quick look. Just to make sure that it's in their inventory, not on consignment or woth some other story, and so that the pain looks reasonably good, and so on. Almost as to pre-screen it before I would pay for a PPI.

I'm not sure I let a cat out of the bag, MarkD. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer and I found it, although it's been posted for a while. There may be more to the story, which is why, again, I would really appreciate if obchuck took a look at her. (Please PM with your observations.)

Thank you everyone,

Matt
lol Matt, no, but when things get posted here it is a whole other level of visibility. Just what I have noticed in the past.
Regardless of the dealer's rep, PPI and personal inspection tell all... they probably haven't had the car long enough for it to matter and that price/mileage is competitive. I'd love to have bought a met black TT instead of regular ol' black

I'm going to be over in that area on Wed. if obchuck is in the area we could meet there. Or I could just drop by for a quick look/drool. I won't have much time.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:37 AM
obchuck
Racer

You have a PM Smiles.

MarkD - I looked today but I'm far from an expert. I could meet you on Wed if you want.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:49 AM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by obchuck
You have a PM Smiles.

MarkD - I looked today but I'm far from an expert. I could meet you on Wed if you want.
I am always up for looking at these cars
How about 10:30-11am? I will head over there after a mtg I have in the morning.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:47 PM
lruss
Instructor

I might have a metallic 97 up for grabs soon, thinking of taking cash for the car and buying into some rediculosly priced real estate here in nor.cal
Old 09-12-2007, 08:25 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkD
that sure seems like a reasonable price with those miles!
Better move quick if you are serious. It has been posted here... many have seen it.
Then there's a reason that it hasn't sold. Either that's not such a great price (and it seems high to me, but I think all 993 prices are high...) or there's something else going on.

Not just a PPI but a thorough test drive is in order. If you're planning to spend that kind of money, a round-trip ticket is well worth the investment.

Best of luck,

Michael
Old 09-12-2007, 02:33 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MJBird993
Then there's a reason that it hasn't sold. Either that's not such a great price (and it seems high to me, but I think all 993 prices are high...) or there's something else going on.

Not just a PPI but a thorough test drive is in order. If you're planning to spend that kind of money, a round-trip ticket is well worth the investment.

Best of luck,

Michael
The price is on the low side for a TT with 50K miles... but not crazy low. Hey, maybe they used Excellence to set the price?
Any deal can be good IF you get it at the right price and are willing to invest the time and effort to fix whatever needs fixing.
I agree on checking it out yourself. I am going to do a quick look... by no means would I send a check without seeing it myself if I were the buyer. Wouldn't just trust some schmuck's opinion on an internet forum only one datapoint.
Going over there now... Maybe I will see you there Chuck.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:12 PM
obchuck
Racer

Sorry MarkD, I just finished a client call. Would be interested in your opinions however when you return. I looked at it & drove it Monday evening. Problem is, I'm no wrench...but I have my opinions....

Hit me up MarkD...
Old 09-12-2007, 04:36 PM
pezza
Racer

Come on guys spill the beans! What was the verdict!

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen this Turbo at Specialty Sales in Pleasanton?