Sponsored by:

The worst that could happen.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 10:11 PM
troos
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The worst that could happen.

Some of you guys are old enought to remember that song. It was by "The Brooklyn Bridge" and it wasn't very good. Anyway it describes my feelings at the moment.
I got home about 8:30 tonight, left the house at 7:15 this morning. Out there putting in a pretty full day of work. When I get home, after about 5 minutes of settling in, my wife leaves the room so my daughter can tell me how her day went.
My daughter was driving my wife's '96 Cab today. She had trouble starting it (that nasty immobilizer) pulled the emergency brake and went back into the house to call me. While she was in the house, my wife's Cab rolled into my C4S that was parked in front of it.
I haven't been out to look at it yet. She says nothing happened to the C4S and she only broke the amber parking light on the front of the Cab. I hope its correct. I think in daylight I might be the better judge of what the actual damage is.
All in all, not too big a deal. Certainly not "the worst that could happen", but it's the worst thing to happen to my P-cars.
Excuse the rant. Just had to tell the story to someone who would understand.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:18 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 147 Posts

Sorry. I know how bad days at work someetimes carry over to home. Hope it isn't too bad.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:21 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 264 Posts

Sniff. I suppose the upside is that your daughter will never forget to put a car in gear again....
Old 09-06-2007, 11:17 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

Jeez, most of us have a story like that one... Sorry it happened. A year from now you'll look back and laugh about it.

Steve R
Old 09-06-2007, 11:18 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by troos
Some of you guys are old enought to remember that song. It was by "The Brooklyn Bridge" and it wasn't very good. Anyway it describes my feelings at the moment.
I got home about 8:30 tonight, left the house at 7:15 this morning. Out there putting in a pretty full day of work. When I get home, after about 5 minutes of settling in, my wife leaves the room so my daughter can tell me how her day went.
My daughter was driving my wife's '96 Cab today. She had trouble starting it (that nasty immobilizer) pulled the emergency brake and went back into the house to call me. While she was in the house, my wife's Cab rolled into my C4S that was parked in front of it.
I haven't been out to look at it yet. She says nothing happened to the C4S and she only broke the amber parking light on the front of the Cab. I hope its correct. I think in daylight I might be the better judge of what the actual damage is.
All in all, not too big a deal. Certainly not "the worst that could happen", but it's the worst thing to happen to my P-cars.
Excuse the rant. Just had to tell the story to someone who would understand.
uhmmmm......Look up the 'priceless" thread on the 996 gt3 forum.....

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-gt2-gt3-forum/374943-priceless.html

Last edited by Phil; 09-07-2007 at 01:06 AM. Reason: cause I am what I am
Old 09-06-2007, 11:20 PM
eloyex
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

hopefully is not too bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!

Old 09-06-2007, 11:28 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

If you killed her, do you think you'd get away with it? I'm guessing the answer is no, and you probably think she's cute enough to get away with it anyway...
Look at it this way, 1:She likes Porsches. 2: She was heading inside to call YOU. 3: Uh,....drawing a blank here...but you really can't kill her. 4. Daughters are worth more than cars.....maybe you can turn it into a learning experience. Make her do an autocross with you. That will teach her! And make her a better driver. And you'll have a blast together....
Old 09-06-2007, 11:29 PM
f8vr993
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel you man. Six month ago, my wife was pulling out her car and
didn't see that my DD car was on her path.(Thank God, it wasn't my p-car but still...)
Drove right out and took out the whole front bumper!
Old 09-07-2007, 12:38 AM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's just a few bucks damage. Life is too short to fret over a minor incident. No one was hurt and, as you said, alot of other worse things could happen. I've got teenage girls of which one is now driving. As long as they come home safe the rest doesn't matter much.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:48 AM
melman911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So long as everyone is ok....life is good. Yes a Porsche it is...but...
Old 09-07-2007, 03:52 AM
Butzi
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 56 Posts

I feel for you. My C4S was hit in our driveway a couple of months ago (my wife). Came out of the shop in a better condition than when I got it.

Like I said then, "it's only metal & plastic, and everyone is safe..." Bottom's up.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:55 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Tom, look at the bright side. This gives you the opportunity to replace your front ambers with clears
Old 09-07-2007, 08:29 AM
zicoramone
Aficionado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by troos
Certainly not "the worst that could happen", but it's the worst thing to happen to my P-cars.
Tom: always look on the bright side of life.
You were lucky. It could have been your 59 Convertible D against your 64 356 SC Coupe.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:27 AM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Cripes man, I DO feel for you.

I ASSUME, because you do let your daughter drive the p-car, that she is not one of those nit-wits that I see (and avoid!) driving around, cellphones glued to their ears, groovin' to the tunes / singing along with their buddies, preening themselves in the rear-view-mirror and driving like they're the ONLY ones on the road.

?

Sometimes 'others' just treat items, such as exotic cars, as 'things' and are apathetic as to what they really are / really represent (to those who appreciate the better things in life.)

I hope you've instilled - in your other drivers - the 'importance' (and honor?) of being able to drive a p-car. If not, then methinks a substitute daily-driver (Fiat Uno) is in order.

My $0.02,
Gerry
Old 09-07-2007, 11:39 AM
leonardjohnr
Advanced

That sucks... but I understand... My driveway is the most dangerous place for my cars...

I made the mistake of parking behind my newlywed wife one evening... On her way to work out at O'dark 30, she backed into... nee... backed-up onto the nose of my then beloved red convertible in her land rover... leaving (literally) a tire mark and the associated carniage... Best of all, it was her birthday, so I couldn't even yell at her about it...

Then, there was the time that my mother-in-law T-boned by S4... while I was watching... again, in my driveway...

Take heart, we've all been there... unfortuately, some more than others... but it's repairable...

Quick Reply: The worst that could happen.