Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAXSPEED PEDALS GROUP BUY (CLOSED. ITEMS SOLD OUT)

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 11:48 AM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

I just received mine yesterday and the dead pedal seemed to fit right (I just held it in place by hand). Are there any concerns about drilling into that area? What's behind there - anything?
Old 08-25-2007, 08:09 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Maxspeed pedals arrive - dead pedal does NOT fit!

I'm probably the first in the group buy to receive my pedals. All went well with the install up until the dead pedal. It is too long and does not sit flush with the floor. Fortuantely, I have my old black metal Rennline pedal (shorter and wider), so the three aluminum pedals that do fit complement the set nicely. However, I bet the rest of this group buy is going to be a bit horked. We may be able to work a solution, either by cutting down the length or using some type of shim. Or, perhaps maxspeed will take them back and machine us dead pedals that are actually designed for our cars!

I also did not use the metal screws provided for the brake and clutch pedal installations. I used a machine bolt with a lock nut and nylon insert. It holds the pedal in much more securely and doesn't have that sharp point on the back of the pedal to cut up your feet or shoes. I can't take credit for this modification; because I read it somewhere recently, perhaps in this thread. Anyway, good luck to the rest of you.

G
Old 08-25-2007, 10:50 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cabrio993
The ones on the pictures are or 996 and newer (hanging pedals). Are these the same ones that he'll be selling for 993's?
The pedals on that picture are the wrong ones for 993's and they won't fit right. That model of pedal on that pictures applies to the 996, Boxster, Cayman, 997 cars that have the hanging pedal (not coming up from the florrboard).

I'm attaching a picture of the right pedal configuration for a 993 and any older 911 as a reference.

Make sure that what you get are the right ones.
Not that it makes much difference now that they are sold out. But for those thinking of getting these in the future, make sure you get the right ones.

Here is a picture of what the 993 footrest should look like and the 996 one that Maxspeed seems to be including with this deal. The 996 ones could be trimmed to fit, but it won't even completely cover the existing plastic 993 footrest.
Originally Posted by ninjabones
I'm probably the first in the group buy to receive my pedals. All went well with the install up until the dead pedal. It is too long and does not sit flush with the floor. Fortuantely, I have my old black metal Rennline pedal (shorter and wider), so the three aluminum pedals that do fit complement the set nicely. However, I bet the rest of this group buy is going to be a bit horked. We may be able to work a solution, either by cutting down the length or using some type of shim. Or, perhaps maxspeed will take them back and machine us dead pedals that are actually designed for our cars!

I also did not use the metal screws provided for the brake and clutch pedal installations. I used a machine bolt with a lock nut and nylon insert. It holds the pedal in much more securely and doesn't have that sharp point on the back of the pedal to cut up your feet or shoes. I can't take credit for this modification; because I read it somewhere recently, perhaps in this thread. Anyway, good luck to the rest of you.

G
Sorry to hear that. However, you guys can't say that you were not warned.

I can't still believe that nobody actually confirmed with Maxspeed that these were in fact for the 993. And if the did, then Maxspeed is at fault for misleading you.

What is even worst, is that Maxspeed would agree to sell them to you knowing for a fact that they wouldn't fit as they are made for the 996.

I hope you guys get a resolution with Maxspeed and get your money back.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:19 AM
993C4Smontreal
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with all due respect, the guy I spoke to at maxspeed didnt sound like the sharpest tool in the shed!
Old 08-26-2007, 01:34 PM
air eater
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 993C4Smontreal
with all due respect, the guy I spoke to at maxspeed didnt sound like the sharpest tool in the shed!
He was just sharp enough to sell out his entire stock of 996 pedal sets.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Stockhog
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ninjabones
cabrio993

email sent
Old 08-26-2007, 02:14 PM
gr8nine93
Instructor

WTF? IPerhaps I did not follow the original thread close enough but I was under the imppression that who started the thread said his pedals fit fine. SO these things are not going to fit my 95 993? SHoot! If I did not want a dead pedal I could have just bought some universal pedals for $50.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:05 PM
993C4Smontreal
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gr8nine93
WTF? IPerhaps I did not follow the original thread close enough but I was under the imppression that who started the thread said his pedals fit fine. SO these things are not going to fit my 95 993? SHoot! If I did not want a dead pedal I could have just bought some universal pedals for $50.
did u recieve them yet, or just assuming...I am curious to see if anyone's actually fit.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:51 PM
eichlerman
Rennlist Member

Angry Dead pedal does not fit

Received mine on Friday and attempted to install today. The dead pedal has a long narrow top as shown in some of the earlier pictures that bottoms out where the footboard curves back towards the driver. The dead pedal is a few inches too long.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:44 AM
eichlerman
Rennlist Member

I received and email response from Maxspeed:

"Hello Tim.... I'm now getting aware of this situation... as another fellow has advised me on this issue..... I'm in communication with the guy who started the group buy and I will have this corrected by manufacturer asap and send everyone a revised dead pedal... I have been selling these same pedals for the past 3 years and sadly enough no one I know its hard to understand but no one got back to me telling me that the dead pedal did not fit so changes were never brought to the design of the dead pedal. And I have 996 and 986 but no 993 ... anyways we will correct this asap and send you the right dead pedal please do not worry Thank you"
Old 08-27-2007, 02:11 AM
gr8nine93
Instructor

I have not yet received my pedals but if in fact we will all be getting a correct one, that is certainly encouraging. I will call on Monday to get my take on how real that promise might be and will let you all know.

Quick Reply: MAXSPEED PEDALS GROUP BUY (CLOSED. ITEMS SOLD OUT)