Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECU - what exactly does it "learn" that gets wiped out when battery is disconnected?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 02:07 PM
ard
Pro

Received 175 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
For the the MY94-95 ECU (M2.10) the adaptation values cover: short term O2 fuel trim, knock regulation (ignition timing), throttle potentiometer idle position and ISV center position (CO regulation).
Thanks for this info. Rather interesting in light of the following. After I had my LWF installed I had serious stalling problems that even a cleaning of the ISV valve did not cure. I ended up raising the idle speed slightly using the mod suggested by Tom Weber. That fixed it save for the very rare occasional stall after a long drive. This time around I did clean the ISV while I had the battery disconnected. I did not adjust the idle, yet the car seems to idle a tad lower. I have not had any stalling issues since reconnecting the battery but I have only
had 3 cold starts and ~40 miles of driving since then. I wonder whether the aforementioned ISV center position has anything to do with it.

I had not investigated this possibility at all, but the PO had a Weltmeister chip installed in the car. He also gave me the original chip. I did not attempt to swap out the chips to see whether that would make a difference in stalling.

Quick Reply: ECU - what exactly does it "learn" that gets wiped out when battery is disconnected?