Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

M030 suspension option - what were the differences vs. US stock?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 03:55 PM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default M030 suspension option - what were the differences vs. US stock?

My option codes show M030 suspension came on my car. I pulled the suspension out to put in the PSS9 kit and confirmed that the springs had the correct M030 paint markings. I also noticed that the anti-sway bars had an orange marking on them as well. Were there any differences in the anti-sway bars with the M030 option? Just curious if these are stiffer than the normal US stock sways or if what I have are exactly the same as the stock US bars found on non-M030 optioned cars.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:50 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 522 Likes on 345 Posts
Default A quick response...

From www.p-car.com

An explanation of the Porsche factory suspension on the US version 993s. (applies to US NA 993) By Viken Bedrossian

All the US specification 993s came with 2 different suspension options. The standard M032 setup and the optional M030 sport chassis....The M030 option was only offered on the Coupe models including the Carrera S and Carrera 4S. ..... The M030 sport chassis option included firmer shocks and springs and slightly thicker anti-roll bars. There were some slight anti-roll bar differences between narrow and wide body cars as well. The ride height of all US 993 cars were the same regardless of suspension setup. The US cars were approximately 20 mm higher in front and 10 mm higher at rear than the standard ROW (rest of world) cars. On the other hand, all US cars were approximately 30 mm higher all around than the ROW M030 equipped cars. A US car equipped with the factory M030 chassis could be retrofitted with the ROW M030 springs for a 30 mm lower ride height without having to change the shocks......

You should also drill down on the www.p-car.com site to P-Car Detailed Notes on M030
Old 08-15-2007, 06:17 PM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yep, that pretty much explains it. Thanks Martin. I thought it would have been odd for Porsche to have made the orange markings on those sways for no reason. They clearly indicate that they are M030 sways then. Seem to be working nicely for me with the PSS9 kit at mid-stiff settings and RS ride height.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 522 Likes on 345 Posts
Cool Now don't mess with it...

You write, "Seem to be working nicely for me with the PSS9 kit at mid-stiff settings and RS ride height."

Lots of people go overboard on monster sway bars...it is better to tune the suspension with springs as opposed to sway bars, so I have been told.

I have the monster TRG 25mm front bars and 22mm rear bars. They work great for the track, but for the street, not so much. I have everything all set up, and it is outstanding.

Bring that car out to Streets of Willow in September, just over the hill from your place. For registration and the schedule go to Porsche Owners Club Sept 8 and 9, with a class on the 8th and an event on the 9th. You don't need the class to attend the event, but if you are short on experience, it will help.

Quick Reply: M030 suspension option - what were the differences vs. US stock?