Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Permanent SAI Solution (Hopefully)

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 08:41 AM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Received 694 Likes on 416 Posts

Good point, Garth, although the vapor/condensate would have a long way to travel (>4'?)and the last foot or so would be vertical. Can't imagine there would be much pressure. Maybe there is some simple check valve that could be installed in-line?
Old 12-08-2007, 09:22 AM
dhicks
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kmassed002
I agree, I must say I am not too experienced in this department but facing a $500 bill for a check valve sucks, especially when I have a clutch replacement coming up in the spring might push me to get involved. I figure if I can get something going to keep over to then and get the sticker, I can replace the valve when they pull the engine for the clutch replacement (hence the temporary factor involved). I am going to try to attempt this on Sunday. How hard is it to access the air output on the pump? Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Talk with Mark Reviel at marcreviel@turbowerx.com he will put you right with a chip to resolve yourissues....cant be seen, does the job without affecting anything else......and you WILL pass emissions
Old 12-08-2007, 09:43 AM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Received 694 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by dhicks
Talk with Mark Reviel at marcreviel@turbowerx.com he will put you right with a chip to resolve yourissues....cant be seen, does the job without affecting anything else......and you WILL pass emissions
As far as I know, the chip is not quite on the market, yet. It was supposed to be ready back in September, but there seems to be some delay.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:32 AM
dhicks
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as I am aware they had some issues with the supplier of the enclosures and had to find another source....which they have now done, so I expect they will be ready...very soon...apparently they are making them for P-cars, BMWs and others
Old 12-09-2007, 06:02 PM
KMASS993
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Update: Good News

So this afternoon I got my hands dirty trying to get to the checkvalve and airpump output in order to go ahead and try to externally route the air to the ports across from the O2 sensors. Well it turns out that when I went to remove the air output hose from the pump from the shut off valve, the check valve happened to snap off due to corrosion, making the nut clearly accessible with a socket. Turned dark before I finished but I am waiting for the check valve anyways and will be ordering the small hose that goes on top of the check valve as it was looking pretty bad with the rust from the check valve. So it looks like I will just be going ahead and replacing the check valve for now and see if that solves the problem (which it should). Pretty lucky situation. There cant be a better feeling then saving 400-500 bucks on a sunday afternoon... Love it.

Regards,

Quick Reply: Permanent SAI Solution (Hopefully)