Mixing Tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Noah
Are any of you actually driving your 993's hard enough on the street to notice, everything else being equal, whether you have a pair of Yoko's on the front and Bridgestone's on the back?:

Have you ever heard of an evasive maneuver? When someone pulls out in front of you or a pedestrian walks off the curb into your path? What happens then when you go from cruising to needing 100% of your car's ability to avoid someone or something?
Old 08-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Noah
And anyone on this thread bemoaning the dangers of mixing tires for street use who has little or no track time under his belt -- that is, someone who has never learned to drive a 911 up to and over its limits -- also probably doesn't know much of what he's talking about...sorry, but I'm calling BS on a lot of this thread. Flame away.

Oh, and I have lots of track time in a 993. Raced one for many years in PCA and did lots of instructing at various DEs in them. I would refuse to instruct someone if they showed up in their 911 with different compounds front to rear.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:23 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by CP
Hi Folks,

Here is a thread I posted some 10 months ago. I have since had the Ruf on track, and Brandon Kraus drove the Ruf at 9/10ths. The mixed tires came through with flying colors.

However, once this set is done, I will NEVER mix tires again. If I find a tire I like, I'll buy 2 fronts and 4 rears just in case I face the SO3s delimma again.

CP

pong weren't the compounds very sim.(if not the same?) i remember the pole pos./so3's were updated w/ tire you're now running (re050a pole position) yes? tread design is different... but not like runnin' diff. makes/etc.

Quick Reply: Mixing Tires