Sponsored by: DashLynx

Found a AC vacuum leak

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 10:56 PM
bloke
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found a AC vacuum leak

Man this is really frustrating. Just got the car back and the AC is dead. I remember the AC working when I dropped it off to them. I know it wasn't working like a new car but it was still working. Now I have this leak in the front of the car. All I hear is HISSSSSSSS from the front of the car when I switch the AC. I just wonder about the cost to fix this problem. Did anyone have the same problem and remember the cost?

As always TIA.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:28 PM
DarinB
Advanced

The vacuum hose probably just became disconnected. It is located under the hood in the area nearest the windshield. There is a flimsy plastic cover that spans the width of the car(Just behind the fuse box). Remove the two screws that hold it in place. Pull up on the rubber seal at the front and remove the cover. It should be right under there. If you do a search for a/c and vacuum, I think there are some pictures on here of the exact location. I think it is located on the right hand side of the car towards, but just inboard of the fuse box. Check the connection there.
Good luck,
Darin
Old 08-02-2007, 12:16 AM
bloke
Racer

DarinB,

Thanks! This is really pissing me off. They replace the cabin filter and all of sudden the vacuum is gone. The shop tells me that AC isnt working but I remember working fine when I dropped it off. Going to have a nice chat with them and explain to them about fixing the problem and not trying to drop a bill on my lap. This is going to be fun.

Quick Reply: Found a AC vacuum leak