Sponsored by:

Are my wheels hollow or solid?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 09:28 PM
palladio
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbo3
The original owner seems like he was choosey. Kinda surprised that he didn't get the "S", unless he figured that the NB was more like the RS.

Now I'm kinda curious- what other options is your car equipped with? Also, are you saying that the dealer who originally sold the car can pull up a replica window sticker or similar document? I'd love to get my hands on something like that and I know who the originating dealer was....

-Jim
Good question on why he didn't just get an "S". Was there was an extra charge for the S in 97?

I bought the car on consigment from a local dealer. It was a one owner car that had been bought at the same dealer. I don't know if there was some way to call up the original window sticker or whether the dealership had some internal record of it. I never saw the sticker, but the salesman called me and read me the original options and prices over the phone. They were as follows:

1997 C2 Ocean Blue Metallic/Cashmere
Base price $63,750
Options are:
Leather seats
Power seats L & R
Brake/shifter in dark wood and aluminum
18" Tech wheels
Crests on headrests
Storage bins (rear seat delete)
Sound package plus
Remote CD Changer
IR security system
Sticker price new was $75,243

I don't have the sheet with the individual price breakdowns with me, but as I said, I think Technology wheels were between $3 and $4K.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:46 PM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Received 702 Likes on 420 Posts

Nice! Thanks. Might have to give the dealer who originally sold my car a call.

Yes, there was a charge for the "S" package. ~$3 to 5 K for the 2S, as I recall. No real performance upgrades. Key differences were the Turbo body (including rockers and Turbo front bumper), split rear spoiler and the "S" badging on rear deck and speedo. 17" wheels were standard on the 2S.

FWIW, the standard 4S was essentially the Turbo with a NA motor and no fixed rear spoiler, although the spoiler was optional, I think.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 920 Likes on 556 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbo3
Yes, there was a charge for the "S" package. ~$3 to 5 K for the 2S, as I recall.
No upcharge for the S when sold new. I shopped 5 dealers and paid $2500 less than MSRP. The 4S and Cab were each about $10K more MSRP than the S.

Quick Reply: Are my wheels hollow or solid?