Sponsored by:

OT: Best Seats for Shanghai F1?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 01:30 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OT: Best Seats for Shanghai F1?

Hoping to go to the F1 race in Shanghai in October. Has anyone attended before? What section do you recommend and where would be the best place to purchase tickets? Section 'B4-B8' or 'B1-B3' @ Turn 1 and 2 seem like a good vantage point.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 07-18-2007, 05:55 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

The BEST seat would be in one of the racecars

Sorry for the smart **** reply, but I thought this would at least bump it to the top..
Old 07-18-2007, 06:12 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chris walrod
The BEST seat would be in one of the racecars

Sorry for the smart **** reply, but I thought this would at least bump it to the top..
I concur. If you can sponsor the first Chinese driver into a seat I will get you any seat you want.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:02 PM
insite
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i haven't been there, but from the map, i'd go for section H close to section G. this gives you a close view of the best passing zones (turns 14 and 16), views of both straights, and a distant view of the entire track.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:03 PM
MikeHerman
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there are no bad seats at an F1 race!!
Old 07-19-2007, 12:15 AM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

General logic would say grand stand seats. No?

CP
Old 07-19-2007, 12:35 AM
black ice
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It looks like the seat options are much better when they are all on the outside. You should call the second tickets become available and ask what the hot seats are at this track. If there are obstructions in the infield you might want to think about seats very high up too to get a better view overall.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:56 AM
touf
Pro

I have been theer twice and had seats at the grandstands. U can see most of the track from the grandstand.
One thing is: If you have never been to Shanghai, then make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get to the track on Sunday AM, traffic is horrible.

Also make sure you ride the mag-Lev train, it is an amazing experience: 421 KM/H in a train and smooth as silk. 2 of teh banked turns are taken around 350 KM/H !!!!
Old 07-19-2007, 12:13 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the info and suggestion guys. Since i've never been to any type of racing, let alone an F1 race I was thinking the places with tight turns would be a fun place to watch (I love to see the amazing handling of those things!). But I guess that's probably the only section you will be able to see. Grandstand tix are about 3x the cost of reg. tix, but I guess there's a reason for that.

Sections E, F, G, H looks like you may be able to see the majority of the track and they appear to be fast sections. Doh...just checked...F, G, H are all sold out, I guess everyone wants to hear the cars at WOT.

Really hope I can make it to my first GP.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:11 PM
insite
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if F, G and H are sold out, i'd go for E kind of near F. this will give you a great view of the back straight and the 10-11 straight (some passing here). you'll aslo be able to see pretty much the entire track.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:16 PM
Nigel - UK 993C2
Track Day

In 2005 I sat in B, at the end of the start finish straight. A pretty good view if you are aligned with the straight, i.e. in B4 or B5 in your map. There was also a small TV screen facing the B4 - B8 grandstands on the infield of the long Turn 1. Don't underestimate the value of being able to see a TV screen as it can make it easier to understand what is going on and to enjoy the action that is not infront of you.

As with many of the new generation GP tracks don't expect to be close to the track if you are at the end of a straight. The B grandstands are set a looong way back from the track.

If you want to buy any F1 teamwear (caps, shirts etc), I suggest that you don't buy it inside the track from the proper concessions. Similar stuff is available cheaper on the long walk from the coach parks and through the perimeter fence once inside from 100s of hawkers who will pester you to buy! In addition, if the red cars are your thing having a baseball cap with Ferrari misspelled without a double 'r' will remind you of China each time you put it on.

Have fun. "Go Williams!"
Old 07-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nigel - UK 993C2
In 2005 I sat in B, at the end of the start finish straight. A pretty good view if you are aligned with the straight, i.e. in B4 or B5 in your map. There was also a small TV screen facing the B4 - B8 grandstands on the infield of the long Turn 1. Don't underestimate the value of being able to see a TV screen as it can make it easier to understand what is going on and to enjoy the action that is not infront of you.

As with many of the new generation GP tracks don't expect to be close to the track if you are at the end of a straight. The B grandstands are set a looong way back from the track.

If you want to buy any F1 teamwear (caps, shirts etc), I suggest that you don't buy it inside the track from the proper concessions. Similar stuff is available cheaper on the long walk from the coach parks and through the perimeter fence once inside from 100s of hawkers who will pester you to buy! In addition, if the red cars are your thing having a baseball cap with Ferrari misspelled without a double 'r' will remind you of China each time you put it on.

Have fun. "Go Williams!"
Thanks for the tip Nigel! Oh...and I think you meant "Go Wiliams!".
Old 07-22-2007, 04:43 AM
f64
Intermediate

Default Shanghai F1 Race

It is great to see that there are F1 fans on this forum. I attended the 2005 Shanghai F1 race. Here is a photo of my vantage point from the grandstand overlooking the grid. The video monitors were excellent.

It was cool to witness Renault team celebration after Alonso clinched the championship.

If I had to do it all over I would consider not buying my tickets in advance from Austria and get them in China. The race was not sold out.

Last edited by f64; 07-12-2014 at 04:00 PM.

Quick Reply: OT: Best Seats for Shanghai F1?