Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by eyeslasher1
I misunderstood Jimbo3 then.
I thought he meant it was against rennlist policy
I hadnt considered Carfax.
thanks
No problem.

BTW, It looks like a nice car. But I would suggest getting a good PPI to see if it is mechanically sound.

Also, carfax offers a package that allows to check more than one car for a period of time. It would be money well spent and a great tool to assist you in this process.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:30 PM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Received 714 Likes on 428 Posts

I misunderstood Jimbo3 then.
I thought he meant it was against rennlist policy
I hadnt considered Carfax.
thanks

Below, from Charter. Ref last sentence-

6. In keeping with Copyright law, Rennlist considers that the content of messages posted to any of the lists will remain the copyrighted material of its author, as the "original author", unless the author specifically assigns copyright otherwise. Rennlist is considered a "forwarder" or "publisher", and the combined "list/site messages" to be considered as "archives", protected under Rennlist Copyright. Posts containing material which is protected under copyright, which a person does not have express permission to use, resell, distribute or otherwise make available are grounds for immediate termination of that user.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:36 AM
eyeslasher1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In this case though, I merely solicited the use of copyrighted material. Wouldnt it be the person who provided me the information from carfax who was violating the charter?
Old 07-24-2007, 10:59 AM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Received 714 Likes on 428 Posts

In this case though, I merely solicited the use of copyrighted material. Wouldnt it be the person who provided me the information from carfax who was violating the charter?
If you're looking for an angle to cheat someone out of $20 and dupe someone else into taking the punishment, then I guess you're right.

Beyond that, I'm speechless.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:30 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts
Cool Here's the deal....as my friend

Bubba the Love Sponge would say. There are a few things that have become traditions across all the Rennlist Boards:
1. Surf the site if you wish, but don't expect too much in depth help from the members (We pay about $25 a year to belong),
2. Join Rennlist, be a member. You'll receive invaluable help from the membership and some in depth technical advice. Lot's of us have been members for 5+ years. We have already been there, done that.
3. Requests to run a CarFax are poor form. Just spend the $20 or so, and do it for yourself.
4. Don't "flame" on the Boards....if someone's response gets you a bit crazed, wait a few minutes before you respond. They may have been having a bad day.
5. No "shouting", that is, don't post in all caps. Since the advent of the Apple II to computer we have been able to keyboard in upper and lower case.
6. Enjoy the Board, read it as often as is practical for you, post when you have a contribution to make.

That's how I perceive the "unofficial" Rennlist rules. So join up...I am certain you can make a contribution, and in the words of one of our Gurus Chris Walrod, "Is this a great place, or what?"
Old 07-24-2007, 11:40 AM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.
3. Requests to run a CarFax are poor form. Just spend the $20 or so, and do it for yourself.
Guess it depends which part of RL you're on. such requests have been common over the years on the RL 911 mailing list and I don't remember ever hearing any objections
Old 07-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts
Default For some reason, CarFax...

requests are perceived as being in poor form. Maybe there is an over abundance of righteous people on the 993 Board, and consensus is such that a request of this sort is somewhat like cheating.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:00 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL...are you serious??? Are you for real?

So, let me see...according to your thinking. If you solicited sex, or drugs, and you get caught...your defense would be that you are not guilty as you are not the one doing the "crime", only the one that provides you with what you want is the guilty party?

Please.....
Old 07-24-2007, 08:21 PM
DFC4S
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-24-2007, 08:34 PM
The B
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If he was a paying member I would point him to a 97 C2S on the RUF site....

Quick Reply: looking for a c2s