too much time and money: video

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 01:10 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by jimhsu
You wanna see some real idiotic kids with too much money and not enough brains and skills, try this Carrera GT Mirage video from Abu Dhabi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDVB27h0wLE
So what is so idiotic about those kids and why are they lacking brains? A guy on an isolated stretch of road having some fun with his new supercar toy...is it the rich part or the Arab part that makes him an idiot?

jihmsu, you don't rev up your engine? Are you an idiot for revving it up?

What has this place become? Can't we comment without being prejudiced?

Note: Post edited

Last edited by Jean; 07-16-2007 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Avoiding WW III ?
Old 07-16-2007, 01:17 AM
jimhsu
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jean from Dubai:

First of all, the name is jimhsu, not jihmsu.

Second:

Revving, and revving like an idiot, are two different things.

Nothing wrong with a guy and his supertoy on an empty street (so you assume it's empty street, if we give you that). But there's also nothing with us passing judgment on his driving and launching style, is there??

and please show me in MY post where I said anything against these folks and their nationality. Merely pointing out that the video is from Abu Dhabi....suddenly that's prejudice?

I rev my car, but I don't rev my car like the idiot (yes, he IS an idiot motor vehicle operator, regardless of nationality) in the video, where he revs it half a dozen times even after the car is already rolling forward, essentially slipping the clutch six times going from 0 to 60.

If that's how you think your 3.8TT should be launched, don't mind me if I come over and see how soon I can thrash your clutch....

Why is it that anytime anyone is criticized someone will always assume it's because of racial, cultural discrimination?

If this is a video from Middle America where the idiots there are also known for abusing the cars, be honest: you wouldn't give a darn about any supposed prejudice.

let me amend to your final cry: Can't we comment without being accused of prejudice??
Old 07-16-2007, 01:30 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Ah.. I see, it is just a coincidence, yeah I apologize for that. The term "rich" and picking a video in Abu Dhabi out of 2 millions videos on you tube made me wonder.

Difference between revving up and revving up like an idiot, I see, I did not know the difference. Those were 3-4K RPM revvs BTW.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:33 AM
jimhsu
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jean
Ah.. I see, it is just a coincidence, yeah I apologize for that.

Difference between revving up and revving up like an idiot, I see, I did not know the difference.
Obviously you did not watch the video toward the end, and just started jumping on because I said it was from Abu Dhabi.

If you had, and you still think it's OK to launch your car like that, let me know. I'm flying over. Maybe you have some special clutch material in Dubai that never burns out.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:37 AM
jimhsu
Burning Brakes

Ah.. I see, it is just a coincidence, yeah I apologize for that. The term "rich" and picking a video in Abu Dhabi out of 2 millions videos on you tube made me wonder.
yeah. I got time to sort through 2 billion videos on YouTube to find just the one to show my prejudice against drivers in Abu Dhabi. Right. You saw right through me. I have nothing to do all day.

Or perhaps I saw the video a long time ago, and remembered that it was the GT Mirage being launched by a buffoon of a driver, and when this thread came about....I did (gasp) a SEARCH on YouTube and found it....novel idea, right??
Old 07-16-2007, 01:40 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Obviously you did not watch the video toward the end, and just started jumping on because I said it was from Abu Dhabi.

If you had, and you still think it's OK to launch your car, let me know. I'm flying over. Maybe you have some special clutch material in Dubai that never burns out.
Jimhsu, if you fly over, I will pay for your ticket depite me not being a rich or arab kid, I would love to learn from you how to drive my car rough and fast. Maybe you can even beat my street legal car lap record on the F1 track? My clutch is from the US unfortunately, so is my engine, do you think it will withstand a 4K RPM launch.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:59 AM
jimhsu
Burning Brakes

I have no interest of beating your street legal car F1 track record. Woo Hoo for you.

If that's what makes your everyday worthwhile....can't rob you of your only source of pride and joy in life.

I think your US clutch will stand a 4K launch just fine. Buy American....I guess you agree with that already.

Now try revving your poor car 0 to 7K RPM six times in three seconds with your right foot at the same time as you are releasing your clutch with your left foot. You like that smell? It's your clutch all burnt up, just like, how we call it here in the US of A, "Bar-B-Q" of your clutch.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:32 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Jihmsu Jihmsu

Jean from Dubai:
It's Jean only, I am not from Dubai, I only live there, great place to live in.

I have no interest of beating your street legal car F1 track record. Woo Hoo for you.
I just thought I would post some credentials before you qualify me as stupid for launching at 4K RPMs.
If that's what makes your everyday worthwhile....can't rob you of your only source of pride and joy in life.
Why would you say that, because I race my car? How would you know what my source of joy and pride is, have we met? Or let me guess, you are making a judgment because I track my car, therefore I must be an idiot also (afterall I do rev it up to 7K RPMs).

I think your US clutch will stand a 4K launch just fine. Buy American....I guess you agree with that already.
Absolutely, so what's your point? Not everyone is prejudiced.

Now try revving your poor car 0 to 7K RPM six times in three seconds with your right foot at the same time as you are releasing your clutch with your left foot. You like that smell? It's your clutch all burnt up, just like, how we call it here in the US of A, "Bar-B-Q" of your clutch.
You are a wealth of information, thanks.

For a second I thought I was wrong about you, obviously I am not. I will go polish my only pride and joy now and reflect about my clutch. I edited my post above, I had enough fun with you, no need to have all the guys abuse the popcorn now, especially Mark in Baltimore .
Old 07-16-2007, 03:50 AM
atan888
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude leave jean alone. So what if the kid burns his clutch? Im sure thats the least of his problems. the kid is having fun and making a video of his gemballa mirage gt.At least he is not driving crazy in a busy traffic. I dont see anything wrong or idiotic with that. If he can afford it Im happy for him. I bet if that kid burns his clutch he will just buy another gt maybe from techart.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:16 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Back to the first post with the spinning doors...what happens when gas hits $5/gal USD? Upgrades to a DB9 and he makes the doors clap to the music "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands"?
Old 07-20-2007, 01:55 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JPS
Back to the first post with the spinning doors...what happens when gas hits $5/gal USD? Upgrades to a DB9 and he makes the doors clap to the music "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands"?
Thats the funniest one from all these silly posts!
Classic
Old 07-20-2007, 02:13 AM
jimhsu
Burning Brakes

[yada, yada....]
Jean, the little piecemeal quotes, where you are taking each sentence out of context, are not very useful.

the bottom line here, aside from all of your posturing about your racing cred which I don't doubt and don't care, and my ranting about this guy's driving skills in the video, is that

1) if I think he is driving like an idiot I can say that. And if I do, or anyone else here does,

2)there is no basis for you to rant on with the assumption that we are doing it because of prejudice against the guy's nationality or race.

That knee jerk PC response is what I object to, and your free association (i.e. "accusing the Abu Dhabi dude as an idiot driver: must be prejudice") is just unfounded.

You can defend the guy's skills, you can hereby proclaim that your opinion is that burning the clutch is the right way to launch a Porsche, you can say whatever you want, but you are dead wrong about calling me and others bigots just because we criticize the UAE guy's driving skills.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:55 PM
993C4Smontreal
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

guys...as the origonal poster of this thread...I call a truce......these videos are just funny....noone is stupid, nor idiotic......Like my origonal post said:

too much time and "masari".......nothing stupid about that. Hell, I wouldnt mind having too much of either

Lets keep this forum friendly and informative.........plus, I did run out of popcorn.

btw.....I do plan on visiting Dubai within the next year. Jean, u better let me try your car.........while u r at it, can u get me a rate below $100/night at "burj al arab"?
Old 07-20-2007, 04:09 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 993C4Smontreal
btw.....I do plan on visiting Dubai within the next year. Jean, u better let me try your car.........while u r at it, can u get me a rate below $100/night at "burj al arab"?
Let me know ahead of time, I live by the track and we will book a few hours there with other enthusiasts including some CGTs , make sure it is not during summer. As for Burj El Arab, other than sleeping outside on the heliport <500 USD no can be
Old 07-20-2007, 04:18 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Jean
Your avatar kicks a$$.

Quick Reply: too much time and money: video