http://www.elephantracing.com/oilhan...hoilcooler.htm

I would appreciate any pointers.

Thanks

John
Old 07-13-2007, 09:53 PM
ppressle
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, but I did speak with the guy @ elephant. He said that the cooler was similar to the first oil cooler on the passenger side. There would be fabrication needed to install it.
The other good news was that they had the parts to build metric hoses so you don't have to convert to AN12 and back to 30mm metric...
Old 07-13-2007, 10:37 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

If it's similar to the RH oil cooler, I assume that it would make it similar or smaller in size than the Turbo S cooler, which many have found to be inadequate for heavy-duty track stresses.

It would seem that the RUF/Cargraphic cooler, despite the higher initial entry fee, is still the best way to go about satisfactorily reducing oil temps.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:28 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts
Cool Well.................

Viper Bob fixed me up with the Ruf oil cooler...it has been flawless, except for a minor oil leak initially. It is totally turn key and uses a stock 964/993 oil radiator. Cargraphic and Ruf seem to work well...the Turbo S cooler is a joke.

Wide Mouth, I drink Micky's Fine Malt Liquor in a wide mouth...On a hot day, the 355 ml is gone in three (3) gulps ...with a great burp to follow, too much information?
Old 07-13-2007, 11:30 PM
ppressle
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having held both, my uncalibrated eye tells me that the normal cooler (passenger side) is about twice the size of the dinky turbo s cooler.
I do agree that the RUF/Cargraphic is probably still the way to go, but for a different reason. They have worked out the difficult problem of correctly mounting the cooler in the best location.
I was more excited about the stock hoses in case I go the pcar/finn cooler route.

Quick Reply: Elephant Racing Oil Cooler