Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for 993 Coupe, is any one year better than another?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 08:30 AM
pjc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

High level rear brakelight - it depends what you are trying to do with it - for replacing blown bulbs etc. Mark is right - just prise off the cover and unscrew (the wires have connectors) - the light fitting then just comes apart. It's also very easy to unsolder a bulb and replace. If you want to remove the whole thing then yes you have a problem because the base plate is stuck to the screen.

PJC
Old 07-10-2007, 11:42 AM
TwinDaddy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't forget the basket handle brake light adds about 5 hp. Or at least it feels like it.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Marlon
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I prefer black 95's with very few options...!

This is pretty much the first one I looked at. 1995 Black on cashmere. It has high miles (100K) but has been pretty well maintained and not wrecked. (first owner was a Doctor) The ONLY options are power dirvers seat, sunroof and power locks & windows. I wanted a simple car - just like my first 911, a 1975 911S - this is a simple car. I just found a set of 30K mile cashmere 8-way power seats and I just put the drivers side in - unbelievable, like a new car since the interior was so good anyway. The 95's are OBD1 so they are VERY maintenance friendly, especially for a DIY kook like myself. Go ahead and bite the bullet for the 993 Owners Companion book - you can get it from Amazon. The book weighs about 10 lbs but it is full of good-to-know stuff about Dr. Porsches' best car! My windshield does not squeak and the 18" wheels ride just fine. This may be heresey, but I am thinking about installing the softest shocks I can find - I never liked stiff shocks for a street 911 ( I've owned a 75, 79, 81, & 84) and this is a very streetable car.
Attached Images  
Old 07-10-2007, 06:00 PM
Dan V
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy the newest True Carrera you can afford. The pre-Varioram versions with the smaller valves are a cheaper way to go if your budget is somewhat limited.

Quick Reply: Looking for 993 Coupe, is any one year better than another?