Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Porsches in Marina del Rey

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 11:32 PM
eichlerman
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I commute 55 miles each way to work starting in Ventura County and ending just south of Marina Del Rey. For kicks I took a random survey of Porsche's spotted on the way home today. I traveled up PCH and thru the canyon roads. I saw seven from a 356 to a new 997. I also saw a brand new red Ferrari. On a nice summer weekend you can spot a few Porsche's per mile on PCH and a Ferrari or Lamborghini per each 50 miles or so.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:01 AM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Coming home from work last night just south of the Marina, what I saw was an LAPD on a Kawi 1000 in the rear-view mirror of my Corolla.

His laser gun asserted that I was travelling significantly over the speed limit along that fast, wide straight stretch of Lincoln south of Manchester adjacent to the airport right before you get to the In-N-Out on Sepulveda. You know the spot.

I remininded him that that was about the ONLY possible place on Lincoln he could have stung me during rush hour = classic speed trap. Jeez! Yes, LAPD has laser. Apparently, there is zero actual criminal activity in that area. Great use of city resources. He could stay quite busy with just foot patrol in Venice! But those busts just overcrowd the jails and aren't good revenue generators. I'm considering a letter to Chief Bratton, then again I'm not a City resident.

Never thought I'd need a V1 in LA traffic!

Quick Reply: Porsches in Marina del Rey