Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

993 in HK

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 12:38 AM
DBYT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a quick question here...are any of you HK users planning on paying for membership to Rennlist. We seem to have a high propotion of users rather than members. The US$17 a year is well worth it.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:54 AM
cartoon blue
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Swift Shift, thx for advise, stopped by there this am, the technician is v friendly, will definitely consider going there next time. (cos I want the next service at Jebsen to keep all the stamps on booklet).

Darren, wat value added service do u enjoy as a member?

Guys: a white C2S is on car8.com, go take a look!
Old 07-10-2007, 12:30 PM
p993enthusiast
Racer

Cartoon blue: I joined as a member not because of any value added service per se (though there are some including ability to post on classifieds and access to other forums not open to non-members - others are more qualified to tell you more) but because this is a great forum that provides lots of insights and opportunity to meet people that share our passion.

Our membership fees enable John D. (the site administrator) to up-keep this site so that we can all continue to enjoy the benefits of it.

There's plenty of value to be gained from this site - it far outweighs the US$17 p.a.. Chip in if you can to show your support.

Alan
Old 07-10-2007, 07:05 PM
DBYT
Pro

Cartoon Blue,
As Alan said, it is not the value add per se. The membership fee is a piddly amount to pay to have access to such a wealth of knowledge on our cars. In the last year or so, the information and help from this forum have literally saved me thousands of US$. Even if it didn't, I would still be a paying member as it helps keep the site up etc.

Bottom line is that if you can afford to own and run a Porsche in HK, you can afford to pay the US$17 per year membership fee.

My 2 cents.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:18 PM
swift_switch
Intermediate

I'm a member......but i am having problems with my account......just emailed Jennifer to update it
Old 07-11-2007, 01:56 AM
TargaTango
Racer

Originally Posted by p993enthusiast
Cartoon blue: I joined as a member not because of any value added service per se (though there are some including ability to post on classifieds and access to other forums not open to non-members - others are more qualified to tell you more) but because this is a great forum that provides lots of insights and opportunity to meet people that share our passion.

Our membership fees enable John D. (the site administrator) to up-keep this site so that we can all continue to enjoy the benefits of it.

There's plenty of value to be gained from this site - it far outweighs the US$17 p.a.. Chip in if you can to show your support.

Alan
Cartoon Blue, I agree fully. I have learnt so much from this site and some people here have been very helpful to me when I had questions and problems. I have learnt things on this site which some experienced Porsche mechanics did not know. I would not have had the knowledge to undertake my project without what I have learnt hear. So I just felt I should give something back. Of course this is something you need to decide for yourself.

All the best,
Old 07-12-2007, 12:16 AM
Alan993S
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Darren, as our chief SMD organiser, whens the next one??
Old 07-12-2007, 11:45 PM
DBYT
Pro

Alan,
I am open to suggestions. Most people seem to be away at the moment. It would be great to have Chris at the next one with Project Orange...I know most of us can't wait to see that beast.

Shall we try for early or mid Aug?
Old 07-13-2007, 01:08 PM
cartoon blue
Advanced

Wow! Jusrt got back my car fr Jebsen tday, done a ususal oil change, changed 3 relays, and alt cover, total is abour HK$5200.......well well, fair enough, at least they kindly stamp the service record booklet, havent been able to find a used 993 with such complete record.........! Although it is quite $$$$$$$, v happy w the service at Jeb. Just wanna share...................
Old 07-13-2007, 02:07 PM
DBYT
Pro

Cartoon Blue,
That is the reason why I bought my cab...full service hirtory with Jebsen and RAT. BTW, RAT also stamp your the service book.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:14 PM
p993enthusiast
Racer

Darren - at the moment I am good for the first, third and fourth weekend of August - ie i cant make second weekend of August.

Cartoon blue - did they work out the shifting problem that you had?
Old 07-14-2007, 12:48 PM
cartoon blue
Advanced

P993enthusiast, regarding the shift problem, they fixed that by lubricating the parts for me, actually it was caused by the shift ****, they suggest only if the problem comes back otherwise no need to change the shift ****...........btw, do u know where we can get shift **** of 993 in HK?

Guys, 2 New Listings: a silver 993TT and white 993C2S at New Way Motors......FYI
Old 07-14-2007, 09:34 PM
DBYT
Pro

you can get an alum Porsche shift **** at Gemballa
Old 07-15-2007, 10:25 AM
KevTse
Instructor

Hi Carton Blue I'm selling my shift **** and steering wheel and they are in Gembella now.

Please PM me your email address and I can send you some photos.

Cheers
Kev
Old 07-16-2007, 03:03 AM
swift_switch
Intermediate

If Chris brings out his orange project...i am def in on the next SMD.....would love to see it!!!!!!

KevTse....

What kind of steering wheel you got for sale? i'm interested....

Chris

Quick Reply: 993 in HK