Sponsored by:

can you fold it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 12:00 AM
polaris 993 sport
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
Default can you fold it?

interested to know(after reading so many forums about the subject) if one can cut or fold your front (missing) plate? in Europe you can special order small front plates(in some countries) so could we just fold ours , since we use the back plate for registration stickers anyway-any thought on this-i on the on the other hand drive with no front plates and plugs-it's worth the ticket if it may come!who would want to ruin that classic look
Old 06-30-2007, 04:45 PM
BIG-BRO
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bet that if you went and asked that question officially in most states, you'd be told that you can't modify it. On the other hand, I don't think anybody is likely to bother you if you are running with the plate on. Also depends on where your state has stickers, state name, etc..... I was able to fold the top of mine, notch it to clear the grill/ribs in the front bumper, and even trimmed about 1/8"-1/4" off the bottom so that it does not extend past the curve at bottom of the bumper. It's attached up through the bottom of bumper and has a strip of foam across the back of the bottom.
Attached Images   
Old 06-30-2007, 07:02 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks great!
Old 06-30-2007, 08:16 PM
BIG-BRO
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Dave - what are you doing on-line ! You should be out cruising with the top down !

My license plate - that's what happens when they let Mechanical Engineers work on their own cars. I always tell people that I do my best designs at home in the garage !!

I have an excuse for being on Rennlist - I am busy working on the RSA - just did four DE days at Watkins Glen and headed out next week for Tremblant and Calabogie !
Old 07-01-2007, 08:34 AM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Boy, I am jealous! Your RSA is gorgeous and 4 days at Watkins!!! Wow. Watkins is the best in the Northeast. I will be there in September. I can't wait for Tremblant, if fact I am in the middle of bleeding my brakes one last time and putting on my DE wheels. Yahoo!
Old 07-01-2007, 12:49 PM
PorscheDavid
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks great Paul. Very helpful picture too, thanks! I am going to try the same... I finally got my first warning last week for not running a front plate here in MA...oh well, I had 6 good years.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,190 Likes on 1,840 Posts

I folded the top and bottom edges of the plate on my old cab and installed it with double-sided tape. Kinda euro.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: can you fold it?