Sponsored by:

Back window blues

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 10:00 PM
GAS
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back window blues

Gentelmen, need to know if any of you have ever replaced the back plastic window, 1997 933 cab 4, it looks like it was zipped and glued in from what I can see, convertable top is in good condition with a small crease in it at the top.this top also has a zip in head liner. Question..... how hard is it to replace this window or should I just replace the whole top, or just have it done by a professional. can anyone recommend a good top
Old 06-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Howdy993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

From what I know there is a special jig that holds the window while heating / melting the glue. Not sure if the top stays on or not. If not you would be better off just replacing the top, as they may not be able to guarantee a leak proof seal w/ just the window replacement. (just what I was told) Maybe an expert or someone who has been down this road can chime in - I hope!

Best wishes.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:07 PM
John95cab
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dealer put a hole in my rear window when they did the cab top recall. The manager said the window is replaceable with the special jig as mentioned above (I elected to replace the whole top), but its not like the earlier cabs that had a zip out window.

Quick Reply: Back window blues