Sponsored by:

WTB Arena Red or Polar Silver 993

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 01:20 PM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default WTB Arena Red or Polar Silver 993

I thought I'd throw this out there to see if anyone is selling or near to selling. I"ve been scouring the web but haven't found whast I'm looking for yet...

I'm hunting for a coupe in one of the following color combos:
Arena Red/Cashmere
Arena Red/Black
Polar Silver/Black

Looking to keep the cash outlay under $35-40K

Many thanks to the RL brother(and sister) hood in advance! THANKS!
Old 06-26-2007, 01:24 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't know if you're against the AR/gray combo (I have it and love it) but I think I remember seeing one on Holts web site.

http://holtmotorsports.com/
Old 06-26-2007, 02:54 PM
mr_bock
Three Wheelin'

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Arena Red IS the Best color. No, I am not selling mine....

Good Luck finding your next ride.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:28 AM
f8vr993
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Polar Silver/Black combo! Great taste I might add...
No sorry, I'm not selling either.
Good luck with your search!
Old 06-28-2007, 12:36 AM
tar6day
Addict
Rennlist Member

From a fellow Rennlister and right in your price range:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...DME:B:EF:US:11
Old 06-28-2007, 12:41 AM
avidtest
Racer

Keith, it sounds like perhaps you are now considering rwd instead of awd? Glad to hear it if you are, especially if you end up taking it on the track, as I think it may be more rewarding. Not to mention the money you should save on purchase price. Good luck.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:11 AM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks guys!

993BillW
I've talked to Holt. The 40kmi AR/Cashmere car was listed at $44k I think...price could come down with a bit of negotiation I'm sure. And there was another lower mileage, much higher priced one. I'm not so sure that this mileage really is worth the costs....I'm thinking a slightly higher mileage car will have had more done to it already, and is driven enough to keep her healthy. My last 911 had 175 on the clock when I got her, so I'm not scared of the mileage.

tar6day
I'm looking for a daily driver, not a track car unfortunately. I'll be doing some autoX for sure and perhaps one day some track stuff, but mainly I'm looking for some excitement in the daily commute. The '93 Civic isn't cutting it.....and, yes, I am making a bit of a leap up in car here! Told myself I'd upgrade when the time came, but the damn Civic just won't die.....so I'm upgrading anyways!

avidtest aka Shannon
Great to meet you last Saturday at the autoX. Thanks for answering all of my crazy questions. Yes, I'd take a rwd if I could find one, its just that I had found a decent looking C4S and got seduced by the wide body, big Reds, LSD, and most impt, the 18" twists that I really want. (DId I just use the word "seduced" with a car? ...yep, I must be on the right track here! ) I was rationalizing the move to the C4S since you get these things as a package deal. Since I'm really talking about a daily driver, the AWD isn't a deal killer.

Of course this all begs the question: What IS reasonable for a 80kmi C4S...some records, clean car, 1 owner PCA member? Lowered to ROW, autoX'ed some, not rebuilt, no CEL, recent 75k svc, new brakes/rotors, orig clutch. I'm guessing higher 30s? Probably a bit more if you get one at a used dealer?

Thanks for the help and for continuing to fuel the sickness....

Quick Reply: WTB Arena Red or Polar Silver 993