Sponsored by:

3.6TT on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Marco8
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 3.6TT on ebay

Saw this 3.6TT engine on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...QQcmdZViewItem

Inquired about it and this was the response:

Hi,
Thank you for your email.
I provide 60 days warranty on all the motors I sell.
You will get the complete Porsche 97 993 3.6 Twin Turbo motor swap with everything you need to install it to your car.The swap is fully tested and is in excellent condition.All the papers are included, the milage is 4000 miles,the year is 1997 .The tranny is LSD.Wiring harness,ECU,cables,axels,hoses, mounts etc are included.
Actually I have 2 more same swaps available for the immediate sale so you do not have to bid on ebay, you can just buy it immediatelly from me.I will accept 5100 USD total including shipping for the motor.Two other engines are located in Europe and will be shipped to the customers from there.The story is that I have opened a store in Ukraine nearly a year ago and wanted to make some money.But it was not a good idea and I have big troubles with that store right now.So I am closing it and have to pay some debts and fees to the government.That is why I need each dollar I have to send it to my partner in Ukraine so he can pay our debts.You can make payment to my partner in Europe dirrectly and the shipping will be iniciated from Ukraine.In case you buy the motor from Ukraine , my partner will prepare and ship you the engine within a day.Anyway I planed to ship all the motors back to the US and my partner have already prepared everything for the delivery and moved the motors to the shipping company's store.Now the only thing the shipper needs to start the delivery is buyer's shipping info. The shipping will take 7 days so it is no longer than the shipping between states in the US.
The swaps from Europe are ABSOLUTELLY THE SAME, WITH SAME SPECS, and their milage is 8500 and 11000 miles.
And the most pleasant thing for the buyer is a discount which I offer to every customer who buy the motor from my European store and make payment dirrectly to my partner.In this case I will accept 3700 USD total including shipping for the swapI need funds ASAP and if my partner do not make payments to the bank next week I will have serious financial problems.It is really a good price for this engine so do not loose such a nice opportunity.

Please email me asap if you are interested so I can reserve one swap for you.

Thank you,
Denise

I think I'm going to pass, if the engine was from Nigeria, well then I would be all over that!
Old 06-20-2007, 06:23 PM
Randy 1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you daft, man?! You're going to loose out on a nice opportunity!

And c'mon, if you don't cut this guy a cashier's cheque made out to "cash", he's going to have serious financial problem. Hook a brother up, I'm sure it's all on the level. Where is your faith?
Old 06-20-2007, 06:29 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Sheesh.... the engine is right around the corner in Corona. Want me to go and pick it up for you?
Old 06-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Rhino
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Something doesn't sound right here. A Go-cart engine cost more than that. Proceed with caution
Old 06-20-2007, 06:50 PM
dotcomhusker
Rennlist Member

WOOHOO!!! i'll take 3!!!!

What a tool. Please tell me there are not still people out there that would rush down to Western Union to send $5k to this idiot? This **** can't work enough for them to keep trying it, right?
Old 06-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Butzi
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Steve (ca993twin), you should definitely ask to see it!

I would send a copy of the email to eBay. Fraud sucks. Fraud involving anything PORSCHE sucks more.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:51 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

They should at least use a different picture from time to time.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:52 PM
allill
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dotcomhusker
WOOHOO!!! i'll take 3!!!!

What a tool. Please tell me there are not still people out there that would rush down to Western Union to send $5k to this idiot? This **** can't work enough for them to keep trying it, right?
You know, this scam probably works, with terrible odds, but still works. If not, these a$$holes wouldn't be posting these ads up. Sucks for the person who bites on it, good thing we RL'ers got each other's backs.

If you can see the item in person, good, if not, forget it.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:57 PM
Garth S
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

This is a frequently repeated scam ......
Old 06-20-2007, 08:03 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Comon now... "Denise" wouldn't lie!
Old 06-20-2007, 08:45 PM
grmnxtc
Pro

Damn, you guys are good.... who blew the whistle on me ???

<------
Old 06-20-2007, 08:51 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Clive,

You really MUST get ahold of this scum bag and tell him you've got the $5k in cash and a pickup truck. Where can you go to pick it up. PLEASE?????????

Got your new belts installed? I don't recall seeing the pictures yet!
Old 06-21-2007, 01:43 AM
grmnxtc
Pro

Steve... no pics, as a few other things on the boil... Like the cab top motor drive spline problem (top went "bang" the other night.... so the back seats are presently in pieces to get at stuff... Got the belts ready to go though, just need to replace all the carpet, get the front seats (and rear seat bottom's) recovered and the job's done!!

Maybe by 2008...

Oh, and I'm SURE that engine is not living in Corona... at least that's what Mr. Ntutu (my Nigerian attorney) told me to say...
Old 06-21-2007, 02:16 AM
atan888
Three Wheelin'

thats a repost . they ended the first auction early with a bid of 4700.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:42 AM
FlyYellow
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

sigh

Quick Reply: 3.6TT on ebay