Speedline for porsche

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 05:00 AM
delanobe
Three Wheelin'

Received 220 Likes on 105 Posts
Default Speedline for porsche

Hi Guys,

I have the option to buy a set of speedline for porsche wheels but before I pull the trigger I want to be sure they are the real deal!

The wheels are stamped on the inside with the following number 993.362.1

The speedline for porsche is not present in the polished lip?

TIA
Old 06-13-2007, 05:14 AM
Peter R.
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Speedline logo on the rims is just a sticker under the varnish. When the rims are refurbished the sticker is usually the first to go.

A set was offered to me a few weeks ago for approx. 2500 Euro (supposedly in perfect condition). A not so perfect (but straight and true, needed refinishing) was offered for 1750. I went with the R+H one piece lookalikes, they're a lot lighter, and retail for about 1000 Euro brand new in Germany.

Peter R.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:23 AM
delanobe
Three Wheelin'

Received 220 Likes on 105 Posts

2500€ for a set in very good condition is not a bad price (if they are the real deal of course).

Is that set still available?

Thanks
Old 06-13-2007, 07:17 AM
Peter R.
Pro

I haven't a clue, but this http://www.mcklusky.be is the guys website. You could send him a mail

Peter R.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:31 AM
V
Rennlist Member

I don't know guys but arn't these wheels supposed to be a lot more expensive?? Like twice what you are talking about, e.g around 5.000 Euros for a nice set? Maybe JP can chime in and give his opinion. Just be careful delanobe before you pull the trigger. Just read your recent post regarding what mods you have done. Its a helluva car you've got there, I LOVE IT! And nice colour too btw !
Old 06-13-2007, 12:13 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vhanzon
I don't know guys but arn't these wheels supposed to be a lot more expensive?? Like twice what you are talking about, e.g around 5.000 Euros for a nice set? Maybe JP can chime in and give his opinion. Just be careful delanobe before you pull the trigger. Just read your recent post regarding what mods you have done. Its a helluva car you've got there, I LOVE IT! And nice colour too btw !
I think you're right...I've got a couple of new sets of these wheels and hope that they're a decent investment!!!

(Pls don't ask me to sell them...they are not for sale under any conditions).
Old 06-13-2007, 12:16 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,188 Likes on 1,308 Posts

Originally Posted by vhanzon

A mint set sold for almost $6000 a few months back which I think is way too much. They rarely if ever come up for sale. If you can find mint sets for $2500 or $3000 PM me I will buy them. The factory Speedlines are far superior than the RH's They weigh more but can handle the abuse of city roads. The RH's bend easily in comparison and I bent one of my speedlines so imagine how often you might bend an RH. A set of RH's in the US will set you back between $3600 and $3800 depending on offset.

The speedline for Porsche is not a decal it is etched into the aluminum. The outer rim can be refinished without removing it but most polishing houses won't go through the effort. The etching is worth a good % of the total value.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:20 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,188 Likes on 1,308 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter R.
I haven't a clue, but this http://www.mcklusky.be is the guys website. You could send him a mail

Peter R.
Interesting how this guy has lifted some pictures from LA dismanteler's

Quick Reply: Speedline for porsche