Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many have found errors on the Porsche "Certificate of Authenticity"?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 10:32 AM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Mine came with my car. And I think Porsche provides them on new cars, I seem to remember receiving a couple in the past.

Yes, I would not pay for one either.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:40 AM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

With everything being electronic and tied to VINs you would think that PORSCHE or any car MFG company should be able to duplicate the Window Sticker. Unfortunately since I'm the 3rd owner, The Window sticker was not in the stack of reciepts from the car.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:22 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

If you request them from your dealer (salesman) on a new car they will generally get it for you for free. There is little value in these things today,--perhaps in many years it will help ascertain the way the car was equiped. PCNA had the wrong engine code on mine,--still waiting for that corrected one to show up. No big deal.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:49 PM
cetro
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had ordered mine 6 months ago and when i received it was missing half of the options. I called them back and she said, can you take a picture of your hood with all of the options and email it to me!?! I would think that would be in there system. She calls and tells me she did not scroll down on her computer and that's why she missed it. I took them 3 more months and a hand full of phone calls to finally get my authenticity. To top it all off, they did not even laminate it like the first one they sent me.

Last edited by cetro; 06-14-2007 at 02:27 AM.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:24 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cetro
I had ordered mine 6 months ago and when i received it was missing half of the options. I called them back and she said, can you take a picture of your hood with all of the options and email it to me!?! I would think that would be in there system. She calls and tells me she did not stroll down on her computer and that's why she missed it. I took them 3 more months and a hand full of phone calls to finally get my authenticity. To top it all off, they did not even laminate it like the first one they sent me.
Basically, this tells me that the only thing authentic on these "certificates" is the Porsche logo.

I could send an e-mail to them with someone else's option sticker and my VIN and my Cab could be an authentic Widebody Turbo.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:33 PM
allill
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cabrio993
Basically, this tells me that the only thing authentic on these "certificates" is the Porsche logo.

I could send an e-mail to them with someone else's option sticker and my VIN and my Cab could be an authentic Widebody Turbo.

I'm with you. Can I get someone's RS vin number? Turbo S? GT2? I think if I had one of those rare cars I would need to get the cert. But with my plain Jane 993... no need.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:02 PM
air eater
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

For what its worth:
I received the corrected Certificate from Porsche today.

Originally Posted by air eater
I spent nearly an 1/2 hour with the Porsche person discussing the errors on my recently received Certificate of Authenticity.
The most glaring error was they had my interior color as Savanna Beige. WRONG! Black it is.
They also missed the factory installed carbon fiber shifter and e-brake.
The noted Technic pacakge was not supposed to be on the the C of A either.
They also called the Litronic headlights Xenon on the C of A.
She apologized several times for the errors and said it will be corrected and sent to me again in the very near future.
I would have thought that for $100 it would be highly accurate and complete.
Any one else found any errors on your C of A?
Old 07-14-2007, 01:11 PM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine said it came with a hot German Blond inside, where is sheeeeee!
Old 07-14-2007, 04:52 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

My COA is the Monroney sticker that came with the car.

Quick Reply: How many have found errors on the Porsche "Certificate of Authenticity"?