Sponsored by:

LPMM Owners versus Fabspeed Maxflo

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 11:52 PM
faster
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question LPMM Owners versus Fabspeed Maxflo

wanted to ask the owners of the LPMM exhaust whether they are still happy with their mod. my car had the Motorsound Pkg. and i have had a Maxflow setup for a while now, but i still dont think its agressive enough. are there any maxflo owners that did the LPMM mod? i still have my original exhaust and i have been contemplating doing the mod to them. if this is the case what has been the best choice as far as the diameter of the crossover pipe.

thanks!!
Old 06-11-2007, 10:00 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 302 Likes on 247 Posts

Happy with my LPMM; best bang for the buck.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Kigiin
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 391 Posts

I went from Supercups to LPMM. The supercups, over time, were too much for me. However, I am finding the LPMM's to be pretty mild. Maybe my point of reference, that is the supercups, is not a good one. I guess I would like something slightly more aggressive than the LPMMs, but certainly no way near the supercups.

Rob
Old 06-11-2007, 10:11 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pegasis0066
I went from Supercups to LPMM. The supercups, over time, were too much for me. However, I am finding the LPMM's to be pretty mild. Maybe my point of reference, that is the supercups, is not a good one. I guess I would like something slightly more aggressive than the LPMMs, but certainly no way near the supercups.

Rob
What about LPMM with no cats?
Old 06-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Kigiin
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 391 Posts

I started to look into that, but thought I read that such a set-up would be similar to Supercups.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:46 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,040 Likes on 1,793 Posts

LPMM sound will vary greatly depending on the size of the pipe. I have 1" and they are similar to OE Motorsound. 1.5" will be more agressive and 2" starts getting into Fabspeed territory. 1.5" seems to be the sweetspot. 2" will wake up the neighbors when you drive up late at night. This is probably the best bang for the buck mod that I've found on RL and I'd do it again in a second if I had a stock exhaust. Are you thinking of doing the LPMM to your Motorsound? That would be interesting...

Last edited by Wilder; 06-11-2007 at 11:21 AM.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:19 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ROKN
LPMM sound will vary greatly depending on the size of the pipe. I have 1" and they are similar to OE Motorsound. 1.5" will be more agressive and 2" starts getting into Fabspeed territory. 1.5" seems to be the sweetspot. 2" will wake up the neighbors when you drive up late at night. This is probably the best bang for the buck mod that I've found on RL and I'd do it again in a second if I had stock the exhaust. Are you thinking of doing the LPMM to your Motorsound? That would be interesting...
I have the 2" and at WOT, on my last AX was turning heads etc.. Wish it were a tad louder at idle.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:15 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by ROKN
2" will wake up the neighbors when you drive up late at night. ...
I would have to disagree with this statement. I have done many LPMM mods with 2" pipe( all of my friends have it) and it is not THAT loud at all. The only way you'll wake the neighbors is if your coming home haulin' a$$, with the revs really high. Not anywhere near as loud as most Harleys.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:20 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FisterD
I would have to disagree with this statement. I have done many LPMM mods with 2" pipe( all of my friends have it) and it is not THAT loud at all. The only way you'll wake the neighbors is if your coming home haulin' a$$, with the revs really high. Not anywhere near as loud as most Harleys.
+1
Unless I am losing my hearing in my advancing years
Seriously, I never get the "LPMM with 2" pipe is loud" thing... it really isn't loud unless you are winding it up, like Darin said.
It is a very pleasant sound under 3.5-4k rpms. Over 4k, it is a most excellent sound.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:59 PM
Svaha
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed, 2" LPMM's are loud at WOT and high RPM, but the sound is amazing! At partial throttle/lower RPM the sound is more urgent (insisting I put my foot in it) but only marginally louder than stock. I use my 993 as a daily driver, with wife and 2 kids, and have never regretted going with the 2" bypass pipe, I think I would have been disappointed having gone with smaller bore pipe.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:17 PM
grmnxtc
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another in agreement here... 2" rules!
Old 06-11-2007, 01:44 PM
rconnon
Pro

i have 2" and all i know is i turn heads. - it's nice and throaty.

Dennis, Randy and I took some videos comparing the RSR, LPMM (2") and Motorsound. I'll get on Dennis to post them.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,040 Likes on 1,793 Posts

I think it's all relative. 1" is almost too quiet but I did mine in this size because I had no point of reference (I think I was the first in Vancouver) and it's always easier to go bigger than to go smaller. I've heard Rob's with 2" and Mike's and Guy's with 1.5". To me, 1.5" sounds awesome but doesn't attract too much attention. It's just perfect. 2" however, while I agree they're not in Harley territory, they will turn heads as Rob suggested, and if it turns heads, they'll likely be loud enough for neighbors to hear you pull up late at night.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:21 PM
rwestervelt
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I opted for 1.75" and do not find it too loud. In fact, when I first installed them my wife said she was hoping for something louder. Later, after following me with her windows down she commented that they were just right.

I find that the LPMM is not particularly loud in the car, but behind the car it is louder. I like the fact that one can control the volume with the gas pedal - quiet when you need to be and loud the rest of the time.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:30 PM
rconnon
Pro

Originally Posted by rwestervelt
I find that the LPMM is not particularly loud in the car, but behind the car it is louder. I like the fact that one can control the volume with the gas pedal - quiet when you need to be and loud the rest of the time.
I agree - with windows up the car sounds quiet. Windows down or driving in a tunnel and holy smokes she's loud.

Quick Reply: LPMM Owners versus Fabspeed Maxflo