Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fabspeed Supercup sound clips wanted

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 11:30 AM
PiL
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fabspeed Supercup sound clips wanted

Does anyone have sound clips of the Supercup with and w/o the turn-down inserts? Are there any straight inserts availalbe for the Supercup?

I have heard the sound clips via the Fabspeed website. However I am looking for others for comparison. Also, their website doesn't provide a sound clip for the Supercup with the inserts.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:34 AM
DocTock993
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Use the search function.
I posted a soundclip with my modified straight inserts last summer when gordo993 and I installed them.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:12 PM
PiL
Advanced

Originally Posted by rkb
Use the search function.
I posted a soundclip with my modified straight inserts last summer when gordo993 and I installed them.
I think I found it. Is this it? Sounds real good. Sounds loud even with the inserts!

Can you buy stright inserts somewhere?
Old 06-02-2007, 02:02 PM
dpressley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Sound clips don't do them justice. It is loud. You don't just hear it, you feel it. Think Harley loud.

Totally worth it as long as you don't have sensitive neighbors.

The turn downs don't seem to change it that much. They are also a pain to R&R. There are also straight inserts. I don't think straight inserts will work with the gen4 as there is an internal diffuser in there. It probably could be made to work, but I haven't tried.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:58 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Depending on what you want for noise, search for my DACH parts here and compare sounds.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:35 PM
DocTock993
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

PiL - Yes, that's my car. The supertrap mods were custom done by the previous owner of the mufflers. The mods eliminate the resonance that one often gets at ~2500-3200 RPM and cuts some of the "harshness" that regular Supercups have IMHO.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:03 PM
David Ray
Burning Brakes

This one sounds pretty good:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...54955978171501
Old 06-03-2007, 10:12 AM
sidned
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Click on the link in my signature. I have the original Supercups that have an insertable baffle rather than the cobra fangs, and this clip is from the outside with the baffles in. It is much louder with the baffles removed, but a bit too much for a daily driver.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:07 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

The Supercups are absolutely the best - you will have no regrets at all!
Old 06-03-2007, 01:18 PM
PiL
Advanced

Originally Posted by sidned
Click on the link in my signature. I have the original Supercups that have an insertable baffle rather than the cobra fangs, and this clip is from the outside with the baffles in. It is much louder with the baffles removed, but a bit too much for a daily driver.
Sounds awesome sidned. Thanks for the clip. Do the current/new Supercups sound similar? I assume they do.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:44 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sidned
...I have the original Supercups that have an insertable baffle rather than the cobra fangs, and this clip is from the outside with the baffles in. It is much louder with the baffles removed, but a bit too much for a daily driver.
My 98 cab currently also has the early gen Supercups but the fiberglass packed removable inserts have been replaced by CC Inserts...it's still loud but not as obnoxious as unbaffled Supercups
Old 06-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Soundclips do **** in this kind of things. You need to hear them in person.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:53 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts
Cool Have had Supercups and ............

Cat Bypass pipes. In my opinion, the cat bypass pipes are the best sound package combination, DACH X, Fabspeed, your choice. Evil sounding upon start up, and an incredible racy sound when on the throttle, yet ease off on the gas and a conversation can be had in the cabin. The Supercups and a conversation? Not going to happen. They do sound like loud Harley pipes.

On the + side, you can pass smog with Supercups, not with cat bypass pipes. Note, my car is not driven on the street. I don't need to have cats on it, except for every 2 years when I go in for the smog test.

Last note, 8 track days with the Cat Bypass pipes, no CEL yet. Yes, there is a CEL bulb in the dash; I see it when I first turn the ignition on, before turning over the motor.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:01 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.
Last note, 8 track days with the Cat Bypass pipes, no CEL yet. Yes, there is a CEL bulb in the dash; I see it when I first turn the ignition on, before turning over the motor.
By pass pipes don't cause CEL's so you should never see one assuming your pre cat O2's are installed in the pipe and the post cat O2's are grounded up and out of the way. After selling 30 some odd sets, I have yet to ever have anyone get a CEL with my pipes
Old 06-04-2007, 12:14 PM
avidtest
Racer

PiL, I recently removed my GHL's and put the SuperCups on. Holy s#1t! They sound awesome. However, I don't drive my car on the street a whole lot. When I do though, I get lot's of "oh my, what's in that thing" looks - one kid followed me down the block to ask if I had a 1000 hp motor in the car.

If I it was my dd and I had to take clients in it (or even if I wanted a good radio/cd player experience), they probably wouldn't be the ticket.

All in all though, this is, IMHO, what a Porsche should sound like.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Supercup sound clips wanted