Sponsored by:

Quick Alignment help needed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 10:12 AM
Black993
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Quick Alignment help needed!

The car is being aligned very soon (possibly today) after being hit in the front drivers side at about 20-25 mph. Was a pretty good hit.

My question is this. The place that the body shop is taking it (and for that matter, any place within 60+ miles) does not have the tool(the levels i think is what they are) for the kenematic adjustment on the car that I am aware of. Since the car has been hit in the front, the insurance company only wants to align the front of the car. My understanding is that the whole car needs to be re-aligned after the hit but I am not 100% certain. Does the front need the kenematic adjustment, or is it only the rear?

oh, and any tips on how to convince the insurance company to align the whole car at the nearest dealership would be much appreciated

Thanks!
Old 05-31-2007, 10:29 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 415 Likes on 233 Posts

The kinematic settings only apply to the rear suspension, but I would do what it takes to have the whole car properly aligned - not just the front.

Either use a reputable Porsche independent or the dealer - not a shade shop designated by the insurance company.

Andreas
Old 05-31-2007, 11:01 AM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

tips on how to convince the insurance company to align the whole car at the nearest dealership
I would simplify the message and tell the insurance company that only Porsche dealers have the special tools to align a 993. If they push back, say that any shop they recommend must have Porsche Special Tool 9549 and 9550. Tell them that an alignment which does not use those tools creates an unsafe car which can spin out of control at any time and that you're informing them of that fact so that they understand their liability.

Quick Reply: Quick Alignment help needed!