Sponsored by:

Help Please - CCU & Oil Cooler Fan Switch

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 12:10 AM
rwestervelt
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Help Please - CCU & Oil Cooler Fan Switch

Today I began installing an oil cooler fan override switch. Using DIN tools to release the CCU, I carefully pushed the CCU out from behind and was able to remove both connectors from the CCU.

With the CCU out I pushed the connectors into the footwell and located the green wire with a black stripe in position 12 on the large connector. I cut this wire about 10" from the connector and soldered in two long wires that would serve as leads for the switch. So far, so good.

I then proceeded to reinstall the CCU and was able to get the large (lower) connector snapped into place, but for some reason I cannot get the small connector to snap into place. The hooks are in place on the right side of the connector and there appears to be enouch slack in the wire bundle, but I cannot get it to lock into place despite putting a huge amount of muscle into it.

I would appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.

-Rick
Old 05-27-2007, 01:39 AM
raycm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

p-car.com has a oil cooler fan operation DIY. You sound like your putting something in series with the temp sense resistor. To force fan to run you would want to put switch/resistor across sense resistor.
I put a variable resistor (pot) across mine.

I do remember having trouble putting one of the connectors back on the air conditioner controller. Remove the easy to snap in connector. Lube the plastic of the troublesome connector with vasolene. Position controller so connector can rotate into locked position. Make sure none of the contacts are bent out of position. Rotate connector into lock. Don't use to much force. Its a matter of having enough cable slack and alignment. Remember the goal is not to brake anything.

Ray
Old 05-27-2007, 05:46 PM
rwestervelt
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks Ray. A bit of dielectric grease and the light of a new day did the trick.

Quick Reply: Help Please - CCU & Oil Cooler Fan Switch