Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OG Racing Cage, easy to istall/how did yours?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 09:41 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default OG Racing Cage, easy to istall/how did yours?

As the title says, for those who have OG Racing's Cage, any tips for installation (I just got mine) or if a shop did yours, how much they charged?

I thought it would've been bolt-in only but since there's also welding, I'm thinking of letting a good shop do it, not sure yet though.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:52 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Petu,

PM "Todd B". He had www.gtperformanceinc.com do the install. Not sure what he was charged.

My Piper cage should be done by this week. I went whole hog with X braces in the back window, X roof bars (will be required by NASA very soon), dash bar (need side containment race seat or right side net for the driver to run in NASA, which the dash bar will facilitate) and slanted NASCAR-style, double bars for the doors. Mitch cut out most of the sheet metal in the doors in order to give me the most room with the bars. I still retain the alarm LED's and electric mirror controls but lose all of the heavy window regulators, speakers and, of course, door panels. I'm going to use the stock window glass which will be dropped down manually, as in, it slides down and needs to come out and be stored somewhere else. He used a trick, quick release T bar pin to hold the windows in when they are in the "up" position.

Clearly, I am trying to discourage my wife from ever wanting to ride in my 993...
Old 05-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
...Clearly, I am trying to discourage my wife from ever wanting to ride in my 993...
Nah, that's just normal street car upgrading what you're doing...

Thanks, I'll PM Todd.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:30 PM
trophy
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi, do you have any pics of the OG Cage Installed? I am trying to figure out what cage to put in my 993. Its a DE car so i am after both safety and looks.

Regards

Quick Reply: OG Racing Cage, easy to istall/how did yours?