Sponsored by:

Help Me Design the Interior of My Garage - Lots of Pics Attached

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 11:58 AM
97Targa
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

Some larger framed (~30"x40") Porsche racing posters ( RS Spyder or retro?) would help fill some of the wall space. The Porsche posters that you have are fine but a bit small in scale. You have room for a pool table if you continue to leave the beater outside. The bucket seats could be mounted side by side and used for playing video racing/driving games on a wall mounted flat screen TV.

OBTW, stainless steel cabinets look nice, but they show every finger mark and smudge.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Streetfighter
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice looking garage. I like that floor, nice and clean. In my opinion you need a fridge, some cold brews, food etc. A mini fridge. I would put down some Porsche mats. Put up a large Porsche banner. Maybe put a couch and a stereo if you don't have one a little suround sound while you working on the 911!
Old 05-14-2007, 12:17 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

thanks again for all the recommendations... keep them coming...

as for the seats, they are usually wrapped up, I had them out because I was doing a periodic conditioning... they are pristine original standard 993 seats, so they will not be getting mounted anywhwere for tv watching or video games! I need to buy a sofa or something for out there instead
Old 05-14-2007, 03:22 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Don't forget the hot chicks in thongs to hand you a cold one out of the new fridge. They don't have to be OEM...knockoffs are fine...
Old 05-14-2007, 03:34 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by JPS
Don't forget the hot chicks in thongs to hand you a cold one out of the new fridge. They don't have to be OEM...knockoffs are fine...
i like OEM equipment though...
Old 05-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would get rid of the junker and get a GT3 or Turbo to take it's place, IMHO.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:04 PM
tlark
Drifting

Air compressor with overhead lines for hose hook-ups. Then go on ebay and pick-up and commercial Redbull glass door min-fridge (not as expensive at you think) it will bring out some highlights of the garage with the blue/silver Redbull colors. Flat screen TV w/DVD and/or xbox/ps3. Create a garage envoroment for you kids and yourself. You have a perfect garage and driveway, use it all !!!
Old 05-14-2007, 04:59 PM
Leland Pate
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Shaw
Uh.. a little OT but is that a chicken behind the fence?

Marc

LOL... I hope not. I think they're his Bassette Hound and a Yellow Lab.
You think that's bad! Look at the little kid from The Grudge in the TV set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2007, 05:03 PM
Leland Pate
Burning Brakes

Exhibit A:
Attached Images  
Old 05-14-2007, 05:11 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Leland Pate
Exhibit A:
hahaha

did someone mention kids and chickens?....

my son at his 2nd birthday party...we had baby farm animals for the kids to pet/play with... you will never see kids react like that to video games or Elmo dolls, believe me... they loved it...

sorry - a bit off topic
Attached Images  
Old 05-15-2007, 11:36 AM
ed devinney
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

You could do a variety of things but depends on what your goal is for the garage. It sounds like it'll be more of a hangout space than a heavy-duty shop, yes? I think you can punch it up pretty easily.

+1 on better lighting and larger art. You should also repaint, the walls say "living room". You need a man cave color there. The bench is the first thing you see as you look or drive in there, make it stand out. Add doors to the bench to at least cover the under-bench storage. Paint those doors bold - some classic Porsche color that goes with your new walls - and add graphics. Maybe black, silver, or red with a Carrera stripe along the bottom or top? You need a car art centerpiece above the bench, correctly lighted. That art's important, it'll be the focus of the garage when there aren't any cars in it and prominent when there are.

Replace the cabinetry to the left of the bench with a wall unit of flat door standard kitchen cabinets and a countertop. Include your garage fridge in there. Paint all (fridge included) to match the new bench theme. Carry that theme to the closet doors on the right of the bench. Echo the theme in some way on the side walls but don't go overboard, you're focusing on the front wall and the centerpiece car art. Any echos need to work with the art that you'll have on those walls, too.

If the garage is a hangout spot you need chairs. Mount up some good used Porsche seats, maybe in the outrageous 70s and 80s tweeds. TV high on the side wall if you must have one out there. High wall mounted speakers, too.

Voila!
Old 05-15-2007, 08:43 PM
autobonrun
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 258 Posts

I bought some old oil company signs from these guys. I added a few other signs from companies that are no longer in business. They make for a nice retro look in places. They also have some neat stools and replica gas pumps if you want to drop the dough. I have one original Sinclair sign that was used back when gas pumps could only go 2 digits plus the fraction. It basically says the price shown represents half the purchase price.

http://www.vicsplace.com/
Old 05-16-2007, 03:07 PM
RutgersU
Racer

Johnathan

I'm also in the area. Did you use William Welborn as the installer at Premier? Have you had any warranty claims? He is quoting $3.75 sq ft, does that sound about right?

thanks
John

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
haha... chickens... Hogan (lab) weighs 90lbs and Mr. Sullivan (Basset Hound) weighs 50lbs... believe me, they are no chickens...

I like the lighting, refrigerator and lift ideas.... keep them all coming.

Dick, the floor was put down by Premier Garage... it is not epoxy, but a polymer... http://www.premiergarage.bz/httpdocs/html/flooring.html
Old 05-16-2007, 04:24 PM
HeelToe
Advanced

Very nice space, but that wall color has GOT to go. Not very garage-like. Maybe a 2-tone gray theme would work.
Racing prints are always cool, not necessarily Porsche themed (gets a little wierd if overdone) - Gilles Vileneuve's famous full-opposite-lock No. 27 Ferrari print; Senna's yellow helmet in the JPS special, or the flourescent McLaren, for that matter; tons of 956 and 962 prints to choose from...
The overhead air supply is a very good idea and/or overhead vacuum. Additional lighting is always good and I'm looking in to that Red Bull glass door fridge myself - good idea.
Bottom line - the only thing you MUST do is get rid of those cream colored walls immediately.

Good luck.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:44 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Here's what I would suggest, instead of painting the walls put up some high resolution photo murals like an ocean front or a forest background...you know those backgrounds they use when they photograph sports cars. Personally I would do the Monaco grand prix, with the yachts, water, buildings and F1 cars racing by. And then I would paint the ground to look like asphalt and put in some red and white rumble strips or "kerbing". A grand prix in your garage, how cool would that be?

Quick Reply: Help Me Design the Interior of My Garage - Lots of Pics Attached