Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 rear strut - anyone reverse camber bolt?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 01:31 PM
FotoVeloce
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 993 rear strut - anyone reverse camber bolt?

First, thanks for all the great writups on 993 suspension R&R. The rear seems MUCH more difficult than the front. I don't recall reading the following details (they were likely covered one place or antoher) but some things I did not at first expect to do

* drop the heat tubes forward of the motor (both sites. Remove the wormgear clamp at the rear of tube, remove the 2 bolts (each side) that secure it. I did not have to remove the worm rear at the front so tubes are still in place but easy to push out of the way, so I can remove the bolts from the lower arm.

* jack up the engine as much as I could to get the right side camber/toe adjustment bolt off the lower arm. It just BARELY cleared the heat exchanger on that side. Left side looks like a breeze (exchanger sits more rearward).

So there is my question. Instaling the new parts, can I reverse the orientation of those bolts on that lower arm so that they can be adjusted and torqued properly without having to drop the heat tubes. I honstly don't trust the shops to drop the tubes and instead just 'torque to hand spec' them once adjusted.

It seems that there would be not detriment to performance saftey in reversing the bolts but wanted to float the question here before I do something that seems logical but turns out to be stupid.

TIA... I can supply pictures if that is hepful but I don't know if the pictures would make it any easier to understand, since it seems simple enough.

Quick Reply: 993 rear strut - anyone reverse camber bolt?