993 Forum 1995-1998

ac question

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 03:38 AM
atan888
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ac question

had anybody had this experience with thier ac system? took my sy 993 today and I tried using my ac . but everytime I would press the ac button cold air comes out for 5 seconds then the vent flaps would close and no air would come out. but without ac flaps would open up again. what could cause this? nothing is more anoying than having your ac not working on a hot afternoon
Old 05-10-2007, 11:16 AM
BS911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like your out of vacuum pressure. When you hit a/c, your car goes into recirc mode. What is SUPPOSED to happen is that immediately your vacuum solenoid engages to allow vac pressure to the recirc flap under the dash to pull open the inside cabin air inlet. Then the electric servo slowly closes the fresh air intake. If you have no vacuum to teh inside flap, the air just shuts down when it gets no inputs. Look under your dash right below the CCU and look for a vacuum tube that may be disconnected. For more details, check the DIY I did on p-car for troubleshooting vacuum.

For a quick verification. Turn the A/C Off, fan on high. Just normal fresh air blowing. Hit the recirc button. Does the same thing happen?

Quick Reply: ac question