993 Forum 1995-1998

Why didn't this car sell??

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 09:44 AM
jago
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by 95FL993CAB
Can someone explain why he has crossed out the color reference on the original invoice? It makes no sense unless the whole car was repainted a different color than stock.
Inquiring minds want to know!
Ron
my suspicions also. note the close up shot of the paint-code sticker also has a "928..." prefix on it. does that mean anything?
Old 05-10-2007, 02:33 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

$1793 to paint the calipers yellow?!?!?!?!?! holy crap!
Old 05-10-2007, 04:20 PM
dmw
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone contacted the seller to confirm he still has it? Since it came so close to the BIN I would be surprised if he didn't negotiate with and sell it to the top bidder. If I was in the market, I would contact him for more information about the car and have a good PPI done. Seems like you could answer a lot of the speculation with a phone call and PPI.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Surf SD
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Having bought 3 cars on Ebay, I think I know the thought process of many buyers.
If I can't see it, touch it, etc and have to have it shipped, I want it at a wholesale cost.
With the other issues previously mentioned and what I said, obviously the price hasn't got there yet.
IMO, Autotrader is a better venue to sell a car on due to buyers with the above issues.
Jim
Old 05-10-2007, 11:49 PM
mpgandco
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe this is the same car that the ShowRoom Gallery in San Jose Calif had for sale for months.I think the dealer takes these in on trade and then consigns to places like the ShowRoom.They had this car and that Vesuvio C2S that was underpriced at $28,000.A Rennlister snapped that one up in hours and they had over 10 people interested,if the deal fell through.I talked to saleman and he was the one who told me they both came from the same dealer.The car there had Yellow Brakes and Sunroof Delete.I am almost positive it is the same car.They couldn't sell it for $45,000,so they probably handed it back to the dealer.I think the SunRoof Delete is why this car hasn't sold
Old 05-10-2007, 11:49 PM
mpgandco
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe this is the same car that the ShowRoom Gallery in San Jose Calif had for sale for months.I think the dealer takes these in on trade and then consigns to places like the ShowRoom.They had this car and that Vesuvio C2S that was underpriced at $28,000.A Rennlister snapped that one up in hours and they had over 10 people interested,if the deal fell through.I talked to saleman and he was the one who told me they both came from the same dealer.The car there had Yellow Brakes and Sunroof Delete.I am almost positive it is the same car.They couldn't sell it for $45,000,so they probably handed it back to the dealer.I think the SunRoof Delete is why this car hasn't sold

Quick Reply: Why didn't this car sell??