Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1995 vs 96-98 993's

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 12:52 AM
cnrfan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm amazed at the turns this thread has taken. From all I've read here and other research I decied to go '96-'98. Why? Simple, more power in stock form. Now the tough part begins, finding the right car. I decided that I like several colors equally Silver, black, blue(midnight) or guards red, Cabrio , and under 30,000 miles. C2 or C4, does not really matter to me. If anyone knows one like this for sale with all records and 100% original paint let me know!
Aaron
Old 05-09-2007, 11:49 AM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by f8vr993
pcar964,

I've read that thread before and I only have 100+ posts compare to your almost 4K...
I'd guess we Californians have better memory than you FLO people.
BTW, I thought you were pretty cool by your avatar until recently when you start talking ****$%^^% to us Caly people.
I think you owe ZP44 an apology!
ENUF said.
I called California a **** state, I didn’t call Californians *****. And if you deny that California’s fascist government resembles the **** regime in the 30s, then my friend you need to read a history book. And there have been multiple posts from Californians ON THIS THREAD who agree with me.

My post requires no explanation, and certainly no apology.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:21 PM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

California equivelent to the actual German **** Movement? Dude, YOU, need to read a history book.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:47 PM
97Targa
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cnrfan
I'm amazed at the turns this thread has taken. From all I've read here and other research I decied to go '96-'98. Why? Simple, more power in stock form. Now the tough part begins, finding the right car. I decided that I like several colors equally Silver, black, blue(midnight) or guards red, Cabrio , and under 30,000 miles. C2 or C4, does not really matter to me. If anyone knows one like this for sale with all records and 100% original paint let me know!
Aaron
How about a '96 C4S? Rare color, Aventurine Green. It was listed on 5/7/07 in the RL classifieds.

Good luck with your hunt.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:35 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,011 Likes on 1,778 Posts

Originally Posted by cnrfan
Aaron
Sounds as though you're getting to the point where you know what you want. I only suggest two things: Firstly, look outside of your parameters even if just peripherally. There are many here who bought cars that were outside of what they were looking at initially. A few months ago I would've said that polar silver was not my favorite color and that I really didn't like blue interior. Well, I just bought a polar silver with blue interior C4S and love the color combo. Secondly, do more homework and drive both a C2 and a C4. They are different and they can impact the enjoyment you get from your car depending on where and how you drive it. I love how light my C2 cab feels when its dry out and prefer RWD overall but much prefer AWD in the rain despite the added weight. I just bought a C4S to replace the C2 cab because I live in rainy Vancouver and plan to drive this car daily rain/snow or shine. If you just want a weekend/sunny day toy, definitely get a C2.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:02 PM
NOH20
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LJ in Van
Sounds as though you're getting to the point where you know what you want. I only suggest two things: Firstly, look outside of your parameters even if just peripherally. There are many here who bought cars that were outside of what they were looking at initially. A few months ago I would've said that polar silver was not my favorite color and that I really didn't like blue interior. Well, I just bought a polar silver with blue interior C4S and love the color combo. Secondly, do more homework and drive both a C2 and a C4. They are different and they can impact the enjoyment you get from your car depending on where and how you drive it. I love how light my C2 cab feels when its dry out and prefer RWD overall but much prefer AWD in the rain despite the added weight. I just bought a C4S to replace the C2 cab because I live in rainy Vancouver and plan to drive this car daily rain/snow or shine. If you just want a weekend/sunny day toy, definitely get a C2.
Completely agree. I had a '97 C4S a few years ago. There's no need for AWD unless you are driving the car in bad weather or you plan on tracking the car. Some actually will tell you they prefer the C2 over the C4 on the track.

If you like the wide body look, get a C2S. It has all the goodies of the C4S except the weight. Don't get me wrong, I loved my C4S however, it wasn't necessary for my type of driving. Obviously you will save money if you buy a C2 ove any 993 in "S" trim.

Either way you cannot go wrong. The 993 is just a great car.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:04 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pcar964
I called California a **** state, I didn’t call Californians *****. And if you deny that California’s fascist government resembles the **** regime in the 30s, then my friend you need to read a history book. And there have been multiple posts from Californians ON THIS THREAD who agree with me.

My post requires no explanation, and certainly no apology.
PPcar,
Glad to hear you think you don't owe us Californians an apology, because considering the source and the completely warped view you have of a state you don't even live in, we wouldn't accept it anyway.

ZP44
Old 05-09-2007, 10:25 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 483 Likes on 256 Posts

Quick Reply: 1995 vs 96-98 993's