993 Forum 1995-1998

windshield rubber gasket/trim

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 09:31 AM
Sean Hamilton
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Aussie Alan 993
After a number of rear screen replacements and a front one too, I say get someone who has done lots ............
You've got me worried now Alan. Had to get an on site AAMI windscreen replacement under their one screen per year deal. Don’t get a choice of repairer. They forgot to bring with them the outer seal so that'll be done next week but I'm concerned now about the alignment issue as these guys weren't too "expert" with Porsche. Anyway, I guess we'll see.

I was dismayed to see the dreaded rust in the bottom screen groove at both corners. Really the better option would have been to tell then to delay the install while I had the body shop repair the rust but it’s my DD. Maybe nest time. But what a stupid design to have a deep groove where water and air are trapped without any way to drain off. I'm going to fill that groove flush with the windscreen with marine Sikaflex before the outer seal is snapped on. Hopefully that will water proof and seal off the rust for a bit.

In the meantime for us right hookers, a pic thru the clock hole of the antenna wire dash top penetration under the screen sealant and connected to its black box thru the clock.
Attached Images  
Old 05-08-2015, 01:46 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean Hamilton
In the meantime for us right hookers, a pic thru the clock hole of the antenna wire dash top penetration under the screen sealant and connected to its black box thru the clock.
this is a great idea - is it the best way to wire up and check the antenna connection is correctly positioned?

Quick Reply: windshield rubber gasket/trim