993 Forum 1995-1998

Invitation to the Dragon

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 12:38 PM
911C2
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Invitation to the Dragon

I was just surfing the Dragon website www.tailofthedragon.com and found April 20-22 to have a PCA event. Looks like the Palmetto region will have a trip up here http://www.pcapalmetto.org/

So I thought this would be a great time for a few of us to join in.

I'll be there Saturday 21st. I live about 200miles away.

Wanna meet. Ill be at the gas station at noon.
White Coupe with TN tags 747.

looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

See you there.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:16 PM
Harvey Yancey
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran the 'Dragon' a couple years ago with a bunch of 996 Turbo guys from 6SpeedOnline.com. After the first run all of them wanted to know what I had done to my car since they could not pull away despite have several hundred more HP. The problem is that the turbos don't have time to 'spool-up' between turns whereas our cars dom't have to wait ... made for interesting conversation over drinks that night.

I would love to go but my wife is throwing a B'Day party for me that weekend ...

Have fun and be safe! Don't forget to visit the 'Tree of Shame' ...
Old 04-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Jeff96-993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just ran it this weekend with my son, in his car. Would've loved to had the Porsche there, but we were swapping drives and he was worried about driving my car in a spirited manner, so he decided his ride was a better choice. He could push it more with a clearer conscience!!

That's pretty good decision making from a 17yo, lol. I couldn't have resisted at his age!!!

He has yet to drive the 993... I left the decision up to him hoping he'd decide his car was the better choice, which he did with no input from me.

Of course, his decision saved me from a 5 hour pre-discussion on do's/dont's, etc, as well as constantly providing instantaneous critique during his drives!!!!
Old 04-08-2007, 06:10 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Would love to go. I live quite a bit farther away There is a group here on Renn that is talking about doing a .......well union (not re-union since many have never met in person ) there the first weekend of May.......Keith D you there? Is this on or not?
Old 04-08-2007, 11:52 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Make sure you make time for Cherohala Skyway when you're there. On www.dealsgap.com it's #3 in the "Tours" section. Fantastic road IMHO.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:01 PM
911C2
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BUMP

OK the event is this weekend.

Any of you who have not been to the Dragon in the past, make the trip once and you will find reasons to go back. It's that amazing.

So clean up the car,start early onn Saturday and come enjoy the best 11 miles of road.

Quick Reply: Invitation to the Dragon