Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering a 993 at Victory

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 05:13 PM
99three
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was in the market for my 993 last year and was strongly contemplating on taking a trip to Victory. After months of searching I was lucky to find a local one right under my nose.
FWIW - I must say that communication with Robert @ Victory was good.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:30 PM
sleddog
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: Dave Maynard at european locators

I have gotten both of my porsches through Dave and have been happy with him and his services. In addition to consignment cars, he can locate them for you as well.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:33 PM
SC2993
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 31 Posts

I purchased my 95 993 from Robert at Victory. He treated me very professionally and was very knowledgable about the 993. I had a problem when I purchased the car with the after market security system. The car would not start after I drove to the north part of Houston to spend the night at my Brother's home. When the car would not start I called the dealership, of course it was after 6 when this happened and the place was closed. There was an after hours number on the recording, I phoned it and got a service tech. He tried to walk me thru the re-set procedure. That did not work and said that he would have Robert call me. Robert called me in less than 5 minutes, he tried to diagnose the symptom with no luck. I changed the battery in the remote but still no go.

Since it was so late in the evening, we agreed that he would send a truck in the a.m. to pick up the car, take it back to the Dealership the next day. The flatbed was at my Brother's place the next morning exactly on time. I did have a little trouble sleeping that night thinking that the PPI had missed something. They got the car to start at the dealership and had me drive it over to a facility that installs alarms and high end sound systems in cars. They replaced the entire unit with a new one, Robert agreed to an upgraded unit because the one that was in the car was not in the installers stock. There was a CGT in the lobby of this place with less than 500 miles on the clock, so it wasn't a terrible wait!

Robert did right by me and made sure that I was OK with everything. I have had great luck and no problems at all with the car, everything was as advertised. Robert described the car to me in detail over the phone, and in the end the car was better than he described.

I would buy another car from Victory and would recommend Robert to anyone that asks me.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:45 PM
hpuck
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+2 for Dave Maynard at EL.
I bought my 993 from him.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:07 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

I would also suggest High Marques located in Morristown, NJ. Usually has a nice selection of Porsches although his 993 selection is very low these days.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:47 PM
97_993C2
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Here's my $.02 about Victory. I stopped by to look and was not impressed with the general quality of his cars, but he was in the process of moving to a new location. I few weeks later, I decided to call Victory since I wasn't having any luck finding a car - unfortunately this was pre-RL for me. Turned out they were getting a car in that was exactly what I was looking for so I was given right of first refusal. PPI checked out OK and my own physical inspection uncovered only a couple of minor blemishes that I could live with. Bought the car and have been very happy.

But to net it out, get a PPI and inspect the car yourself or by someone you trust. It seems a lot of the complaints about Victory are that Robert over-sells the cars physical condition. A good PPI should cover the mechanical condition. My philosophy is even dealers like Victory can get good cars in every once in a while. Go in with your eyes wide open.

All that being said, if I had known about RL before, I might have been able to take my time and gotten the car I wanted from an RLister. However, I still would prefer to inspect the car myself, in person.

Dan

Quick Reply: Considering a 993 at Victory