993 Forum 1995-1998

Dyno Tips?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Sumtoc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno Tips?

New speed shop opened here recently, and they have a Mustang dyno available so I'm planning to take mine in for a set of baseline pulls before putting on my new Dach x-pipe. I have run other cars on dynos but am a bit nervous about these particualr guys since I have not dealt with them before and doubt they have done a 911.

So wondered if there are any tips specifically for the 993? Like where the best places are for tie down without damage? And should I swap my RS 18" wheels back to the 17" turbo twists to avoid potential damage?

I have recently installed the Ruf aux oil cooler, will be running the oil cooling fan on high via my bypass switch and will have floor fans blowing into the front of the car, any other cooling tips?
Old 04-05-2007, 10:14 PM
black ice
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think Mustangs are terribly accurate (depends on who sets it up), but two things you should do that will reduce variability.
1) Make sure your tire pressures are the same every time you run. Don't forget your tires will heat up if you put it on there with cold tires.
2) Tie it down with the same tension. Not sure how you guarantee this.

Best of luck. Show us your results!!
Old 04-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Sumtoc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, I have heard that too, but they're the only game in town right now, next closest is about 120 miles away
Old 04-06-2007, 08:09 AM
SwayBar
Drifting

Received 291 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by black ice
I don't think Mustangs are terribly accurate
Not true.
(depends on who sets it up)
That can be said for ANYTHING.

Just let the shop do their job, do the runs in 4th gear, and and get an electronic copy of the run(s).

Here's some non-speculative info so that you can make a quality informed decision:

http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/faq/...ain.cfm?FAQ=22

Quick Reply: Dyno Tips?