Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Post ViperBob Bilstein-HD-sways and 30,000 mile fandgano upgrade - FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 10:54 AM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SCMomentum
An important point to remember is that when these cars originally left the factory for delivery to the Germans themselves....Monroes were not part of the manufacturing.
What? Who was the manufacturer of European delivery struts for 993s, if not Monroe? And if the Euro car dampers were so much better, then why are they not popular replacements? Rather, their reputation seems just as bad as the U.S. Monroes.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:00 AM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SC2993
Thanks Gerry. Your insight is very helpful on this matter. I will be doing this mod soon and using VB for all the parts.

When are you going to post some photos?
Yeah, trust me, you will be a believer AFTER this install. It 'transforms' the car.

Having dealt with ViperBob - both via email and over the phone - way back when we were all engaged in this group buy -- I can unequivocally say that "he's yer man!" for the parts and any and all advice that you'll need.

And - a lil' story too - just to show you that they guy REALLY looks after his customers...

<story on>
I had placed my 'order' lickety-split and Bob was busy ordering all the 'extra' parts - coz his own and Bilstein's own inventory were dwindling FAST! I conveyed to Bob that I was in no hurry to get the parts coz I had yet to schedule the install.
Some guy in N. Carolina was 90% finished with his car - but needed ONE more Bilstein shock - because only 3 were shipped coz Bilstein had run out of parts - (but were ordering more).
Bob called me - knowing that I 'had time' - and asked would I mind giving this guy 'my' shock - so that he could finish up his car.
Of course I said yes (and to this date I don't even know who that guy was - but that's the kinda thing we DO on Rennlist ...right?!)
My parts began to arrive ...in several boxes ...over several days -- but some went missing - (I think it was the sways).
I called VB and said "I think I'm missing bits" -- he said that others had had stuff disappeaer too - and he was RE-shipping a bunch of stuff to us - and that HE would take it up with the shipper.
Net result - no inconvenience to his customers - many of us 'new'.
<story off>

I can't make this stuff up...

Bob's yer guy, fellas, without a doubt!

Gerry

Quick Reply: Post ViperBob Bilstein-HD-sways and 30,000 mile fandgano upgrade - FIRST IMPRESSIONS