Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

weird problem...need help (odometer)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 02:09 AM
993C4Smontreal
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default weird problem...need help (odometer)

i finally took her out of storage and went for a drive after work...I noticed that the clock was wrong, and since the car is new to me, and it was dark, I didnt see the clock set toggle switch...

I thought it may be like my other car (BMW) where u pull the little button out and turn it. SO I pukked out the little odometer reset button, and I think I yanked it out of its socket. It is not snug at all. I have to move it around and play with it to reset the mileage.....did this happen to anyone, am I hilusinating, and is there any easy fix?

sam
TIA
Old 03-24-2007, 10:48 AM
BS911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Check out the odometer gear replacement DIY I wrote up on p-car.com. http://p-car.com/diy/odometer/ You will see in there how to get your odometer apart to reconnect it. My big concern would be if you actually broke that piece. But if the whole pin doesn't come completely out of the odometer housing then you should be ok. At the end of the pin - reset button - is a flat plastic connector that snaps in perpendicular to the pin itself connecting to another metal arm. When you push that pin in it pushes on that metal arm. All you should have to do is get the case off your odometer and then snap that reset pin back in place. If the reset button itself broke, then you might need to contact North Hollywood or PaloAlto speedo shops for parts. This is definitely DIY territory though provided you can get a new reset pin if you need one.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:41 AM
Paul902
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sam, I just checked mine... It is easy to push in, a little wiggly from side to side, and has a hair of play if I put some pull pressure on it. Normal AFAIK.good luck.

Brian, you're the DIY man! I read your dist belt stuff (and the later stuff on that) in prep for doing my belt.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:23 PM
993C4Smontreal
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thnx for the advice guys....I will try to wiggle it back in, If that doesnt work I'll have to try the DIY.
Brian, The pin doesnt come all the way out, so I am assuming its not broken.

Quick Reply: weird problem...need help (odometer)