Sponsored by:

97 turbo S wheel finish

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 01:16 AM
c4sdave
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 18 Posts
Default 97 turbo S wheel finish

Does anyone out there know if it is possible to get touch up paint for the special finish on the 97 turbo S wheels? I called my local Porsche dealer today and they said they cannot get the paint. Our local Wheel Repair place in Oregon for Porsche, Skip's Wheel Werks, also does not know how to locate paint. I was thinking Wheel Enhancement possibly, but they are closed for the weekend. Any advice or recommondations would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:00 AM
Damien Lewis
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Do a search...I know there was a post on here months ago about the Turbo S special wheel finish.

Damien
Old 03-24-2007, 08:19 AM
shaynes
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave,

I went through this with my Turbo S, the orginal wheels were powder coated, and the formula is a mystery..... so there is no paint code for the color. Ruf has a paint that is almost dead on for the finish...Ray Joseph at RPM got me onto that, it will take refinsihing all the wheels, but the finish will be damn near identical. It beats paying 5-7 g's for a OEM set of wheels...

You will have to contact Ruf and investigate in the US. I sold my car before undertaking the ordeal, my car had factory chromes on it because the original owner had the car being serviced and when the idiots washing his car as a courtesy put acid based wheel cleaner on the powder coating it ruined them....

Quick Reply: 97 turbo S wheel finish