Sponsored by:

anybody tried ztek exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 11:58 PM
allill
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default anybody tried ztek exhaust?

I searched and found nothing about ztek exhaust for 993's here on rennlist. Since they are now a site sponsor, I thought I'd ask if anyone has any experience with their product in 993's.

here's a link.

http://zerotek.net/ztcopo993tus.html
Old 03-22-2007, 02:32 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts
Default Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

From their web site we see, "Our own dyno results prove increases of 22.5hp and 17.5 ft/lbs torque on a stock 996, [B]and power increases will be very similar for the 993, with just the Muffler swap.[/B]" I'd like to see that dyno sheet....the 996 exhaust headers look very well designed, stock. Because the 996 gets their heat from the water system, they don't need heater boxes. Their exhaust headers look very racey from the factory.

They add, "Although on a stock car they work great to increase horsepower and torque through the entire power band, it is HIGHLY recommended to pair these mufflers with ZTek Headers for even more significant gains in power and an even more unique sports car sound." Please...if I put headers on a 993 I lose my heat.

They may be great mufflers...I just don't know anyone who has them. I don't like their inference that because they got 22.5 HP and 17.5 ft. lbs of torque on a
996...why should we expect this on a 993?

If I were you'd I'd be asking some questions on the incremental HP and torque...they may very well have the answers.

On my end, I have Robin Sun's RSR mufflers. I have also used Joe Fabiani's FabSpeed SuperCups. I have no first hand experience with our new sponsor. I am also coordinating a Fabspeed Group Buy at this moment..although if you prefer ZeroTek...buy them.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:40 AM
allill
Drifting

Martin,

I am not saying that I prefer them, just that I found them on ebay, did a search here and found that they are a new sponsor. Just thought I'd ask to see if anyone has tried them out on rennlist since they are indeed a sponsor.

I did read the same referrences to the 996 and found it funny that they have a video of a 996 and not a 993.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:39 PM
rcwelch
Addict
Rennlist Member

Old 03-22-2007, 06:13 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Cool Popcorn???

I have said my piece....
Old 03-22-2007, 10:31 PM
lance@ZTek
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself to all of you who don't know me. My name is Lance and I the rep for ZTek here on rennlist. We've had great sucess with many members of the site in the past and want to continue growing to help suit your needs. We always strive to offer the best quality parts at big discounts that other brands can't even touch.

We strive for 110% customer satisfaction with an exclusive 10day/100mile money back guarentee and our lifetime warrenty on all ZTek Exhaust parts.

If you have any questions about our headers or exhaust systems please don't hesitate to contact me via PM.

You can see all our latest systems for the porsche platform here at: http://zerotek.net/porsche.html.

PS- Looking for a great deal? Give me a call direct at 916-717-8151 and I'd be happy to hook you up with a special Rennlist Discount price on any part. Just make sure to mention your a rennlist member when calling.

Cheers and Happy Modding!
Lance
ZTek
Old 03-22-2007, 10:38 PM
lance@ZTek
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by allill
I did read the same referrences to the 996 and found it funny that they have a video of a 996 and not a 993.
Update: I am setup with a local 993, and will post the video for you guys here sometime in the next 2 weeks. Cheers!
Old 03-22-2007, 10:53 PM
obchuck
Racer

I don't know much when it comes to the wrenches, sorry, but doesn't 22hp from just a muffler sound fishy?
Old 03-23-2007, 04:49 PM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Sounds like a load of something sounding like bullocks!

Lance, please provide the justification for your power claims as most other exhaust swaps, at best, struggle to maintain the current power and not to add to it?

I'm runing Cargraphic sports cats and sports mufflers and I would be struggling to find an extra 20hp.

Thanks and regards,

David
Old 03-26-2007, 12:45 AM
lance@ZTek
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Caveman
Sounds like a load of something sounding like bullocks!

Lance, please provide the justification for your power claims as most other exhaust swaps, at best, struggle to maintain the current power and not to add to it?

I'm runing Cargraphic sports cats and sports mufflers and I would be struggling to find an extra 20hp.

Thanks and regards,

David
As many of you may know, the results we've experienced have been confirmed by third party dyno testing from our customer's cars, not in house testing.

The 20 so hp increase would be a "MAX" increase usually around 4000-5500 rpms, although total top end hp is also increased by 7-12 hp with our systems, with no remapping.

But we did find out that reading wideband 02's during each dyno, showed that the stock ecu fuel map is quite rich with the increased flow and leaning out in the mid/high range can squeeze a few more ponies out, (around 5-15 more hp).

Careful anaysis of dyno printouts can show you that the most noticable instant increases in power and torque occur in the mid-range rpm's which is most important for street driven cars. More specifically we custom design each exhaust, matching pipe length and diameter along with muffler size, to each engine and application, for power and sound, unlike other "cookie-cutter" systems that just create noise. Result is a sound that is unique and doesn't drone.

When writing the descriptions, we use the norm by advestising the max increases and not diving into all the details, but if you want any more in depth explainations on how our systems increase power, and why our systems are different from our competitors and stock, you can contact me direct pm or phone.

PS- We are in the process of aquiring new ecu tuning equipement, and partnering up with a tuner in europe. And we will be be offering ecu upgrades that will pair with our exhaust systems, for a more complete tuning experience.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:04 AM
allill
Drifting

Lance,

Can you post actual dyno results for 993's for us?
Old 03-26-2007, 03:23 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Old 03-26-2007, 05:14 AM
lance@ZTek
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by allill
Lance,

Can you post actual dyno results for 993's for us?
I'll see if the 993 I have here would be willing to put it up on a local third party dynojet after we do the sound clip, if so, I'll try to set something up in the next few weeks. Otherwise, anyone else that wants to dyno your 993 in the area, contact me and I'd be happy to chip in for it.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:55 AM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi Lance,

Thanks for responding. I'd still like to see some evidence. If you do get your customer to do a dyno please give us before and after results.

Cheers,

David
Old 03-28-2007, 03:52 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Default These guys are jiggy...

They want evidence. If it were me, I'd dyno the same 993 before and after, the same day....put the stock 993 on the dyno...crank out the numbers. Bolt up the new exhaust and fire it up again.

Once they see the numbers, then you will have earned muffler "street cred".

Quick Reply: anybody tried ztek exhaust?