Sponsored by:

Quandry re. Audio

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kika: I installed the Alpine X001 and am pleased with it (once I got over the non-black look). The Herz speakers are great - they handle the amp with no problem and, while they are 6.5" they are still unobtrusive - flat black with a very small Hertz logo. (I didn't replace the rears, as it is a cab with the top usually down.) The Alpine is a nice iPod-Bluetooth hands free integration. Also, Sirius/XM is an easy integration, too. I'll post pix if you (or anyone) is interested, though the Alpine site shows the X100 much better than my pix would. The Alpine trim is gray rather than black, but I blinged the instrument rings in flat alum look, so it goes together ok. I would have preferred an all black look, but since the interior is blue, the blue Alpine dials are OK. Great sound, though.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:22 PM
faster
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

raptor, please post a pic of your new unit. did they mark up the price or did it stay as suggested?
Old 04-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine/Hertz

Kika: Sorry for the belated response.Just didn't have time last weekend. The attached pix are not great, but you can see how plain the Hertz look - but really great sound with the Alpine PDX-4.100 amp and the IDX-001 head unit. The head unit has an iPod and a USB connection. Can play an old iPod thru the iPod 2 source and the new iPod through the USB connection (i.e., iPod 1). I have a Bluetooth cell connection integrated and it is pretty good with the top down (mic on the A-pillar).

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/photo1.jpg

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/photo2.jpg

Quick Reply: Quandry re. Audio