Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Speedline question, help me identify plz

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 04:46 AM
Duane993
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These maybe real Speedlines but not Speedline for Porsche. I had a set I bought from directly from Speedlline in 1996 so they didn't have a Porsche part number on them or the lettering on the outers. (I sold them because they are 17" centers with outers to get them up to 18". They are also a bit heavy compared to other 18" wheels.) The Speedline direct price was way less than than the Speedline for Porsche price at the time. I'm guessing the real OEM wheel's are worth alot more now.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:08 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Duane993
These maybe real Speedlines but not Speedline for Porsche. I had a set I bought from directly from Speedlline in 1996 so they didn't have a Porsche part number on them or the lettering on the outers. (I sold them because they are 17" centers with outers to get them up to 18". They are also a bit heavy compared to other 18" wheels.) The Speedline direct price was way less than than the Speedline for Porsche price at the time. I'm guessing the real OEM wheel's are worth alot more now.
Thanks Duane.. I havn't heard from the seller so I guess I won't be buying these after all. Nevertheless, its intressting to discuss it since stuff like this pops up from time to time. Also to help other Rennlisters and address potential scams.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:23 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,050 Likes on 1,230 Posts

Found out what these wheels are. They are made by a company called Kerscher. They are still available and sorry to say not worth what the seller was asking. If you count the bolts they have the same 35 bolts and non curved lug nut holes.

http://www.auto-option.fr/php/templa...art=728&lang=1
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Speedline question, help me identify plz